Pre-Game Talk: Stars vs Jets - Oct 27 - 7/00 pm CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
As it should be

Not sure why our local media mixes up our wingers so often. Especially in the game day skates. They run the same forwrds drill every time from what I saw at the iceplex.

TheWaz

May 23, 2011
Winnipeg
@ nobody important (from a quiet suburb)

sorry but i will NOT mind my own business (as you put it) when paying big dollars to go out and enjoy an evening watching a Jets game and having to listen to some guy spew baseless negativity non-stop (in the 1st 10 mins of the season no less).

and trust me I did not 'harass' the guy spewing the garbage.

So as you put it...I exercised MY right to free speech and I calmly asked him if he was going to be this negative the whole season or just the first 10 mins of the season?
10 seconds that took

His lack of response and the fact I never heard a peep again speaks volumes.

People in my section were happy that somebody spoke up to shut this guy up cuz it ruins the viewing experience hearing some guy nattering negatively from the moment the puck drops.
I'm not paying thousands of dollars to listen to that garbage while trying to watch my/our team compete.
You want to be constantly Negative while watching a game then keep it to yourself because many people go there to watch the game and enjoy it and not have it ruined by one loud mouth. I have no problem with a negative comment here and there, but an incessant rambling of baseless negativity has no place and I will speak up if need be again and again.

I am expecting a very positive performance tonight!!!

GO JETS GO!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Nikolaj-Ehlers-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Pre-game audio: Byfuglien, Wheeler, Ehlers and Connor.

Coach Maurice: What does he tell Kyle Connor when he draws back in. Challenge of the upcoming stretch. What does Seguin do so well offensively? Will he continue the rotation or is he waiting for someone to seize the reins? On reducing Byfuglien’s minutes. Frustration in not having Trouba after Lindholm signs. Update on Little’s status. Update on Drew Stafford? Will they make a call up?

To listen click here.

Last edited:

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere

sorry but i will NOT mind my own business (as you put it) when paying big dollars to go out and enjoy an evening watching a Jets game and having to listen to some guy spew baseless negativity non-stop (in the 1st 10 mins of the season no less).

So as you put it...I exercised MY right to free speech and I calmly asked him if he was going to be this negative the whole season or just the first 10 mins of the season?
10 seconds that took

People in my section were happy that somebody spoke up to shut this guy up cuz it ruins the viewing experience hearing some guy nattering negatively from the moment the puck drops.
I'm not paying thousands of dollars to listen to that garbage while trying to watch my/our team compete.
You want to be constantly Negative while watching a game then keep it to yourself because many people go there to watch the game and enjoy it and not have it ruined by one loud mouth. I have no problem with a negative comment here and there, but an incessant rambling of baseless negativity has no place and I will speak up if need be again and again.

GO JETS GO!

Sounds like you sit beside Sipowics:sarcasm: Just kidding.
I feel you. Good that you spoke up!

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I think they will be patient with Connor. Ehlers didn't blow the doors off at the start of last year either and they may have waited a bit too long to move him up so its good to see Connor up with offensive guys

Ehlers had 8pts in his first 10 games. Way better than Connor so far! Ehlers was definitely given more opportunity though, playing with Chef and Frenchie. Then they moved him down a line because of the failed Burmi-Lowry-Stafford shutdown experiment and his production pretty much stopped.

Connor will succeed as soon as they put him with better players. By the looks of it
tonight could be that night!

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Happy to see that Connor is getting an opportunity in the top 6. I'm hoping he shows well.

Not so happy that Thor is still in as our 4thvline looks weak.

Please Connor, do well in the top 6. This is your big chance for sure.

As for Thor being in again:shakehead. Reminds me of the old Peter, Paul & Mary song "When will they ever learn" -- can someone find that online to focus our discussion on Thorb lol.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thor is in because there is no one else to play. Even a call-up from the Moose wouldn't play today, so Thor is in regardless due to injury.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure why our local media mixes up our wingers so often. Especially in the game day skates. They run the same forwards drill every time from what I saw at the iceplex.

I think it's just carelessness. They don't expect the public to care about the wings as much as we do here on HF. I've even seen the centre listed first a few times :shakehead

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

10 seconds that took

GO JETS GO!

Are you a large, physically imposing person? Is it possible the older gentleman felt somewhat threatened despite your professed calm demeanor? Yes, many people will shut up very quickly if they feel like an assault is forthcoming if they don't. Tell me, what would you have done if he hadn't shut up?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

10 seconds that took

GO JETS GO!

I'm so glad about this. Nothing ruins a game more than someone being negative the whole time.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'm so glad about this. Nothing ruins a game more than someone being negative the whole time.

What ruins a game for me is the Jets playing like crap. I try to ignore what's going on around me because I feel it's not my place to tell other people what they can and can't say. Again, within the acceptable parameters set out by the fan code of conduct.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

10 seconds that took

GO JETS GO!

I seem to have missed something because I didn't see anything in the thread about the above?

For the record, I think you did the right thing and were well within your rights.

Hoping for a good game tonight. I thought the Jets played well the last game against the Stars and although people dumped all over Lowry I think he is finally starting to regain some of his 14/15 form.

Go :jets go!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So yeah I was just driving to work and during my ~15 minute drive the radio station of my choice chose to play Jump.

My vCash is all in now, my body is ready.

TheWaz

May 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Are you a large, physically imposing person? Is it possible the older gentleman felt somewhat threatened despite your professed calm demeanor? Yes, many people will shut up very quickly if they feel like an assault is forthcoming if they don't. Tell me, what would you have done if he hadn't shut up?

hahaha not even close man. I was sitting in front of him with my wife and 10 year old daughter. an assault coming? lmao :help:

If it continued i would have politely asked him to quiet down as he is ruining the viewing pleasure for myself, my wife and my daughter AND all the other people around him.

Most people are scared to speak up to people like this...I am not!

I do not pay to go to a professional hockey game to listen to clueless people like this.....you want to blurt out negative BS constantly then by all means do it....in your own home!

It has similarities to people who 'lean' at games...I have zero problem telling them to not lean...I do not pay money to have somebody lean and take away half the ice that I can see. But according to you I probably shouldn't do that cuz that is imposing my will on his freedom. All people react accordingly by apologizing and not leaning for the rest of the game.

It's called Respect for your fellow fan!

TheWaz

May 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I seem to have missed something because I didn't see anything in the thread about the above?

For the record, I think you did the right thing and were well within your rights.

Hoping for a good game tonight. I thought the Jets played well the last game against the Stars and although people dumped all over Lowry I think he is finally starting to regain some of his 14/15 form.

Go :jets go!

Thank you! I know I am! :nod:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
I do not pay to go to a professional hockey game to listen to clueless people like this.....you want to blurt out negative BS constantly then by all means do it....in your own home!
Sounds like that guy would fit right in here at HFJets. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad