GDT: Stars vs Jackets

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
"Berni leads the rush into the Devils' territory", tell me more Rimer. ;) (I'm fine with him, just a funny moment.)
I mean there are tons of bad announcers. I listened to the radio broadcast of the Vikings game on Saturday and their announcers were terrible and talking trash about Colts players.

Our bad announcer just happens to be bad at names.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He's obviously more of a center than anyone else we have. Boone and Silly included.
Part of it is the minutes and part is linemates, but he’s actually looked better at center than at wing….and that’s with Johnny having a really up and down game

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Part of it is the minutes and part is linemates, but he’s actually looked better at center than at wing….and that’s with Johnny having a really up and down game

Up and down? Johnny and Patty have been having a stinker.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
What can I say ? Happy the boys spoiled Oettinger’s SO, but other than that it was an easy game for Jake despite our shot count.

Good game by Tarasov as well.

On to Torts and dysfunctional Flyers. We might even win

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
My summary: I thought we played ok/good. Generally looked like a reasonable effort defensively, not too many horrible lapses. We weren't dominated in our own zone. Tarasov was great, could be a little uglier without him. New first line looked ok - they'll need to improve but if Gaudreau is the worst player on that line, it could be pretty special when he gets his groove back. Johnson looked good and made several nice moves that also resulted in stuff, Laine looked hungry for the puck in both ends even if he could've had a better game too. Happy to see this experiment for a few more games at least. Roslovic looked good at times, Nyquist was hustling. 4th line had moments. For a loss it was a good effort throughout I thought, it was a tight game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was being kind with Johnny. He could neither drive play nor connect passes - passes that often were giveaways. He was especially brutally at the end when they needed him.
That can happen when you're getting routinely reflexively double-teamed. They were playing as though he was the only threat on the ice and they were almost right.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My summary: I thought we played ok/good. Generally looked like a reasonable effort defensively, not too many horrible lapses. We weren't dominated in our own zone. Tarasov was great, could be a little uglier without him. New first line looked ok - they'll need to improve but if Gaudreau is the worst player on that line, it could be pretty special when he gets his groove back. Johnson looked good and made several nice moves that also resulted in stuff, Laine looked hungry for the puck in both ends even if he could've had a better game too. Happy to see this experiment for a few more games at least. Roslovic looked good at times, Nyquist was hustling. 4th line had moments. For a loss it was a good effort throughout I thought, it was a tight game.
Hate the fact we lost (sorry tank crew) but this was one of those 1-0 games that was fun to watch. KJ was Jackets best skater but also kudos to Gus who busted his butt

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That can happen when you're getting routinely reflexively double-teamed. They were playing as though he was the only threat on the ice and they were almost right.

I've seen that before, but tonight? I didn't see that at all.

Johnny had time he was just struggling.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Laine and Gaudreau don't fit as full time line mates.
I think they need to be split and Johnson needs to stick with Laine. Gaudreau needs to be the puck carrier, attention grabbing player to dish it to others on his line and Johnson needs to be on his. Laine and Gaudreau don't work, so put chinny or Marchenko on his opposite side and staple Laine to Johnson.

Go get Horvat and put him next to Johnny(idc when or how just do it) and if we do happen to be blessed to have one of Bedard/Fantili/Carlson take that spot in the next season or two, well this team could be a contender(with some goaltending and defensive help)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad