Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Joe Pavelski (3 Years, $7M AAV) and Corey Perry (1 Year, $1.5M base, $1.75M bonuses)

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Nill quote

"It is not every day a player the caliber of Joe becomes available, and we're thrilled to be able to add him to our club," said Nill. "He is a leader in every sense of the word, and a proven goal-scorer that continues to produce at an elite level. In meeting with him, it is evident how much he values winning, and that mindset will mesh perfectly with our leadership group."

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We now have three players under 25. When teams are getting younger and faster, Dallas is getting older and slower. See if it pays off.

None of those three pushed out a young guy though ... really. We didn't have a young that was a lock for the Top 6. Move out Janmark, and you could still have 3 rookies on this team with upside.

Bob Munden

Apr 3, 2008
Stockholm
If someone told me six months ago that we will start the 19/20 season with both Perry and Pavelski i never would've believed it

Feels weird but great

Reactions: Kcb12345

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Johansson still out there. Really like that guy. Imagine moving Hanzal and bringing that guy in.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
None of those three pushed out a young guy though ... really. We didn't have a young that was a lock for the Top 6. Move out Janmark, and you could still have 3 rookies on this team with upside.
That's right. Last season saw Hintz and Heiskanen take over full time jobs as rookies with Dickinson doing so as sort of but not technically a rookie. This season, there will still be room for a rookie or two to step up.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Faksa
Dickinson
Hintz
Dellandrea (possibly)
Lindell
Miro
Gurianov

Are all 25 and under..

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Pavelski on the Ticket:

*Wanted a contender
*Some closer than others
*Enjoyed the neighborhood, schools, youth, hockey,
*Spent 2 days here
*Great goalie, good D, super high end forwards
*Spent time with Benn at night
*Really likes Tom Holy. Sounds like a huge help in the recruitment process.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Damn ... they asked him about the Lites comments. My dog went ape**** when UPS showed up so I didn't hear the answer.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
LOL Dude Perfect helped pitch Dallas to Pavelski LMAOOO

I heard the tail end of that comment. Dogs were just going nuts for a while there. Did they talk to him or is he just excited about being in the same city. Sounds like his kid was the fan, right?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I heard the tail end of that comment. Dogs were just going nuts for a while there. Did they talk to him or is he just excited about being in the same city. Sounds like his kid was the fan, right?

Tom Holy reached out to Dude Perfect and mentioned they wanted to sign Pavelski. So Dude Perfect put together a video for Joe and his Son. His kid is a big Dude Perfect fan.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's weird but I'm honestly just as hyped about Corey Perry. He even said himself Dallas was a place he wanted to play for awhile now. Could easily see this giving him a spark and him getting at least 40 points.

Reactions: Henderson33

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That's pretty neat. Hopefully like he mentioned they can do something with them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Bob Sturm, one of the guys who just did that interview, and he use to be on the TV pre-game show until he took on a bigger role with Aikman helping him with football coverage. He had an interesting idea he posted on Twitter.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Hintz-Pavelski-Perry

I'm actually really up for that.

Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Dickinson-Dellandrea-Gurianov

Bob had Dickinson at center and Janmark at LW, but he didn't realize I've already traded Janmark.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Bob Sturm, one of the guys who just did that interview, and he use to be on the TV pre-game show until he took on a bigger role with Aikman helping him with football coverage. He had an interesting idea he posted on Twitter.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Hintz-Pavelski-Perry

I'm actually really up for that.

Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Dickinson-Dellandrea-Gurianov

Bob had Dickinson at center and Janmark at LW, but he didn't realize I've already traded Janmark.

It would essentially just be Pavelski taking draws. He flat out does not have the legs to play 2c.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
"Hintz-Pavelski-Perry"

What will Pav and Perry do, watch Hintz from their own end of the ice? Doubt they can keep up. I am looking forward to a Guri and Hintz combo, probably with Pavs, just to watch their speed beat other teams. Hintz made an impression on other teams, and would be fun to have another guy just as fast. (providing both improve their finish)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad