GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Lets hope neither plays in a playoff game. Murray i guess i would accept if we face the Leafs in the finals and they are forced to use their Matt Murray . Matt Murray grudge match

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I the press availability from yesterday Deboer said calling up a third goalie and another defenseman because Jani probably isn't ready to start was something they discussed. Guess that discussion came out with the decision yes.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Nils or Pouliot doesn't matter.

Miro is gonna be hitting 40 min of TOI per game with either of them in the lineup. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Pouliot is just another body for practise i don't mind him but if the team needs another defenseman to actually play the option to do it should not be him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't exactly have huge confidence in Texas beating Manitoba after last nights beat down .

I think the pressbox is going to be filled to the brim with Texas Stars players very quickly.

At the very latest the Milwaukee will end Texas season and will do it quickly. Texas just isn't that good this year especially the defense was suspect the whole year.

Which is why its going to be worrying if any of the Texas defenseman get closr to playing in a playoff game.

Last edited:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I just looked at his stats and for all the looking slow and visual decline, he still pocketed a tidy 67 points this year and would assuredly get a contract from a contender if he wanted it. He’s going out on his own terms/as a Star, and I kinda love it.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Apparently the glass banging attention whore was melting down on Twitter last night because he was told not to hold his stupid sign against the glass. He was challenging people to fights online. Be careful about drunk posting. It can be embarrassing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Apparently the glass banging attention whore was melting down on Twitter last night because he was told not to hold his stupid sign against the glass. He was challenging people to fights online. Be careful about drunk posting. It can be embarrassing.
It was Entertaining to read though

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
In addition to the front office loving him, another reason Suter probably isn’t getting bought out is the Stars will already go into next season with $2.6 million of dead cap money because of performance bonuses being paid to Pavelski, Stankoven, Lundkvist, and Harley. This is the downside of using LTIR to go over the cap because it punts those performance bonus cap hits to the next season.

Pavelski’s contract was purposely structured this way to allow them to spread his cap hit over two seasons. Vegas isn’t the only team doing funny cap math under the rules.

While the cap will go up $4 million next season, the Stars will already have consumed over half of it paying for this season’s roster. Buying Suter out would add another $783k in dead cap money.

FYI, their bonus carryover penalty going into this season was only $372k.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad