GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So with 9 games left we still have a lot of potential round 1 opponents.

Avs, Jets, Preds, VGK, and even LA.

My preference:
LA
Jets
Preds
VGK
Avs

Interested to hear others preferences...

Anyone want VGK round 1 to have the chance at immediate vengeance?

Anyone worried about the Preds since we were the team to beat them so bad they went god mode?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
LA
Nashville

The rest I equally dislike the thought of playing. But I think a first round matchup against the Jets is destined in the stars

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So with 9 games left we still have a lot of potential round 1 opponents.

Avs, Jets, Preds, VGK, and even LA.

My preference:
LA
Jets
Preds
VGK
Avs

Interested to hear others preferences...

Anyone want VGK round 1 to have the chance at immediate vengeance?

Anyone worried about the Preds since we were the team to beat them so bad they went god mode?

That's my preference list too however every team is good, and I feel if we are gonna win the Cup we will have to likely beat both Colorado and Vegas at one point or another so it's not the end of the world if we have to play them round 1. Just might be a short playoff run for us lol

Jets won't be easy by any means either

Reactions: Kipper 17

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
IMG_6631.gif

I wonder what they’re smelling.

Guesses?? Wrong answers only of course.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It seems like we have had years where we win playoff series against teams that beat us in the season series, and a lot of times, these "dream" playoff scenarios turn out to be nightmares. However the chips fall, the chips fall. We will have to beat 3 good WC teams to advance to the final.

It seems like the D, Benn, Otter are all coming together nicely for the playoffs, and that is all we can ask.

Reactions: Elysian

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Regular season versus records are meaningless but there are such things as favorable and unfavorable tactical matchups.

Reactions: LT

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Dallas getting the President's trophy would be wild. Sole posession of 3rd place (P%)- 2nd up for grabs against Van. tomorrow. Last time they won it...

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
A lot of strong Western conference Goalies out there

Stars, Preds and Oilers are the only 3 Western playoff teams missing from this, and Saros has been very good the last ~20 games or so.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Give me LA, Nashville, Winnipeg, Vegas, Colorado in that order I think is best.

Winnipeg will be hit or miss, they have little playoff experience, a boring coach and system, no offense but a goalie that could carry the f*** out of them.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don't care who we play either. There's a lot of good teams in the west this year, it's not going to be easy for any team, but I have faith in the Stars. We've got a lot of guys who have stepped there game up in the playoffs. Pavelski, Benn, Hintz, Miro, Otter, Harley, hell even Suter had a good playoffs last year.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't care who we play either. There's a lot of good teams in the west this year, it's not going to be easy for any team, but I have faith in the Stars. We've got a lot of guys who have stepped there game up in the playoffs. Pavelski, Benn, Hintz, Miro, Otter, Harley, hell even Suter had a good playoffs last year.
huh? He was decent to even good against Minnesota, but he was dreadful from then on

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
huh? He was decent to even good against Minnesota, but he was dreadful from then on
Yeah it was entirely the revenge factor against the Wild. Somehow 1 good series is getting retconned into a good 3 series.

That said if he's playing on the 3rd pair where he should be with Lundkvist I expect he'll be perfectly fine.

Reactions: The Tourist and LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad