GDT: Stars @ Flames- Dec 1 at 7pm MT on SNW. Wherein Seguin scores 5

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
At the game tonight, excellent game after the first. I guess I have to have awesome seats every home game to keep this streak going.

Smid played a really, really strong game, not sure if those at home noticed it. But he was noticeable.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At the game tonight, excellent game after the first. I guess I have to have awesome seats every home game to keep this streak going.

Smid played a really, really strong game, not sure if those at home noticed it. But he was noticeable.

I actually did like his game, overall. Played well with Wideman. But he looked pretty bad on the Janmark goal (though I still think that's more on Ramo than on him).

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I know that no "babes" are allowed on HF, but, c'mon, look at him.. :sarcasm:
12331607_1527462720901080_1335520651_n.jpg

Had an excellent game tonight IMO. He was quite dangerous 3 on 3.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I know that no "babes" are allowed on HF, but, c'mon, look at him.. :sarcasm:
12331607_1527462720901080_1335520651_n.jpg

Had an excellent game tonight IMO. He was quite dangerous 3 on 3.

He did have a good game actually. I wish he wouldn't shoot through legs so much still but he's getting better.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
One of the better games for Monahan this season. Seemed like he was hungrier tonight and won some puck battles that he's been losing more often than not, incredibly unlucky to not get a goal. Hudler and Gio I would also say were much better than they have been for most of the season, which isn't exactly saying much but progress is progress. Finally got to give some love to Stajan, he'll never be an offensive force or anything but he's exactly the kind of character guy you want on a hockey team. One of those unheralded "glue" centers that the coach knows he can rely on.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
One of the better games for Monahan this season. Seemed like he was hungrier tonight and won some puck battles that he's been losing more often than not, incredibly unlucky to not get a goal. Hudler and Gio I would also say were much better than they have been for most of the season, which isn't exactly saying much but progress is progress. Finally got to give some love to Stajan, he'll never be an offensive force or anything but he's exactly the kind of character guy you want on a hockey team. One of those unheralded "glue" centers that the coach knows he can rely on.

I thought Hudler was terrible.

Something is up with him. Seems like he's either injured or lost his passion for the game. Just no jump to his game anymore.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Nah, I did think Hudler was giving a good account of himself out there tonight. Definitely a step up from what I've seen lately.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly I am not noticing a massive difference in Hudler from last year. He's never "appeared" to be skating hard and he's never been really that great defensively. The big difference is we are losing, his numbers are down and people are starting to pick his game apart.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Bob Hartley's pre game speech.

"We need to get back to doing what we did so well last year...."

"Sucking in the first and coming back to win! your right coach...."

"That's not what I meant...."

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Don't know about you guys but for some reason, it seems like Giordano played better when he was paired with Wideman than Brodie this season.

I don't know or remember if it has been done before but I hope we try a combination of:

Brodie-Hamilton
Giordano-Wideman
Russell-Engelland

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My biggest thing with Hudler is he makes his biggest impact primarily in the offensive zone. If he's not creating, he's not doing much. I think overall he stood out more last year bevause he was a key driving force on offence, this year he's looked invisible for much of the season and hasn't created as much. But his overall impact in other areas is probably on par.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Honestly I am not noticing a massive difference in Hudler from last year. He's never "appeared" to be skating hard and he's never been really that great defensively. The big difference is we are losing, his numbers are down and people are starting to pick his game apart.

Bit of a difference from last year, playing to expectations from other years. He's on pace for 15-ish goals and 55-ish points, which is normal production for him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I actually did like his game, overall. Played well with Wideman. But he looked pretty bad on the Janmark goal (though I still think that's more on Ramo than on him).

Yeah there's only so much you can do, unfortunately. It's really not on him that Ramo's 2 feet from his right post :laugh:

Hudler actually was fairly good last night, he handled the puck well and did a solid job for the team creating chances, those lines are really even and fairly good honestly. Raymond got some lip work from the fans, the one where he's stick handling alone in a phone booth just to let the puck slip outside the zone, the jeers from the crowd were fairly bad. Talk about a dude playing with 0 confidence as it is.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I thought Hudler was good in overtime as well, he looked confident, was stickhandling well in the Stars end until he got called for the hold.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I do agree, last night was probably the best that Huds has looked since the start of the year.

I've been waiting for this team to show some spine, they did that last night. The goaltending was still awful though, Ramo gave up 2 that he should have had. I don't think they go back to Hiller next game either, as he was even worse the game before. To Ramo's credit, he did shut the door when he had to, so he did enough to win the game even though his first period was about as bad as you can ask for.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I do agree, last night was probably the best that Huds has looked since the start of the year.

I've been waiting for this team to show some spine, they did that last night. The goaltending was still awful though, Ramo gave up 2 that he should have had. I don't think they go back to Hiller next game either, as he was even worse the game before. To Ramo's credit, he did shut the door when he had to, so he did enough to win the game even though his first period was about as bad as you can ask for.

Ramo's the reason we got to the shootout :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

It wasn't a terrible first period. He should've stopped the Spezza goal, but he had no chance on Hamilton's own goal. Had a Dallas player pushed on top of him and then his own team kicks the puck in. Good luck!

He made a number of key saves in every period, and didn't he face like 14 shots in the first?

It was that Janmark goal that was the real softy. He could've just held up a big, flashing, neon sign that said "Do a wrap-a-round!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad