OT: Stars EHM Help & Discussion

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
What db are you using?

Seguin is still a 1st line center for me. (better than Hintz) Benn i traded away pretty much day 1, much like suter. But i got quite the haul for Benn, and he's doing OK for the Canadians.
[2022-23]xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v7.0.2) (2022). Is that what you are using?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
6 straight Stanley Cup wins...do I just restart at this point? Lol also am gonna have a top 3 pick in this year's draft cause I traded some spare guys away earlier in the season to the Islanders and they finished in last place

Has kinda lost its satisfaction of winning the Cup cause I go into every season at this point expecting it even when I make major changes. My entire roster is made up of 5-star mostly young players. Think I need to restart but I've come so far idkk

Edit: anddd that top 3 1st rounder i traded for turns out to be the #1 overall pick in a draft with a franchise/phenom level player who is insane. Lol can't stop now I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
6 straight Stanley Cup wins...do I just restart at this point? Lol also am gonna have a top 3 pick in this year's draft cause I traded some spare guys away earlier in the season to the Islanders and they finished in last place

Has kinda lost its satisfaction of winning the Cup cause I go into every season at this point expecting it even when I make major changes. My entire roster is made up of 5-star mostly young players. Think I need to restart but I've come so far idkk

Edit: anddd that top 3 1st rounder i traded for turns out to be the #1 overall pick in a draft with a franchise/phenom level player who is insane. Lol can't stop now I guess
Start giving yourself little challenges to work towards.
Some things

Build a competitive roster while being a cap floor team.
Trade all your 1st-3rds for a massive surpless of 5-7th picks, and build a team with just those players.

Turn off coach games yourself and use current tactics when possible, let the AI coach control that, and hire bad coaches. (prospects won't develop as fast/at all, and some of their lineup decisions are absolutely Pejorative Slured)

Train D-men to play as forwards and Play Forwards as D-men. Klingberg made a good winger in one of my Saves.

Sign 2 Players to outrageous contracts (the poorer skilled they are the better) and try to build a winner with them as the focal point.

wait until Aug and only sign players that still aren't on a team.

hidden attributes will be usefull eventually, once the known players start retiring.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Some things

Trade all your 1st-3rds for a massive surpless of 5-7th picks, and build a team with just those players.

Turn off coach games yourself and use current tactics when possible, let the AI coach control that, and hire bad coaches. (prospects won't develop as fast/at all, and some of their lineup decisions are absolutely Pejorative Slured)

Train D-men to play as forwards and Play Forwards as D-men. Klingberg made a good winger in one of my Saves.

Sign 2 Players to outrageous contracts (the poorer skilled they are the better) and try to build a winner with them as the focal point.

hidden attributes will be usefull eventually, once the known players start retiring.

Will definitely be trying some of these on my next save...I suppose that's one way to make the game more rewarding if things somehow go right lol

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Some things

I used to just do the Dallas rebuild, or pick a team in a really bad position. Phoenix is basically begging to be rebuilt with all the picks they acquired for the 2022 draft. The way they used them was... less than optimal in real life I think, but a perfect team for a full rebuild nonetheless.

I've heard that using your own coaching and certain tactics absolutely breaks the game, so I always just hire the best coaching team I can get and let them do everything. I also don't trade for star players of other teams, or make many trades outside of trading for picks for a rebuild. I think if you use the 1.5 beta the trading AI is at least a little less stupid than before, so it's harder to rip other teams off. What's really funny about getting rid of Benn and Seguin is finding yourself contending with trying to stay above the cap floor because you've shed so much salary, it's interesting to try getting rid of all the subpar contracts because you end up below the cap unless you sign some filler from free agency. Kind of a weird challenge all on its own when rebuilding the Stars if you wanna go scorched earth with all of the vet contracts.

In my last game Shane Wright turned out way better than I think he will in real life, and the game didn't really like the Stars much to begin with, so I tanked for him and then did it again the following year for the Bedard and Michkov draft, somehow neither went 1st overall which was interesting. I don't think either were touted as generational or elite as McDavid or Matthews so that draft was weird as hell.

The only knock with the build-your-team type play in EHM is the game sorta forces you to micromanage certain things in a way I find annoying. Ideally if you're just disinterested in watching your NHL team completely fail in year 1 you'd just vacation until near the draft, but you can't, because you have to keep reassigning your scouts to the WJC and the draft every few months. Plus they never seem to quite get the entire list on their own, so you have to rotate assigning them to watch the 'lesser known players' throughout the year. Sometimes even that isn't enough so you scour the ISS hockey rankings for any guys that still don't have scouting reports. Since hockey is the way it is, it can be kind of a drag to essentially not do a whole lot for the first few years while you wait to see if your picks, outside of the automatic superstars, fill in. So it kind of takes a while to get that sort of playthrough going before you're really managing and developing a team.

Reactions: LT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
The injuries in this game are ridiculous. Right now I'm currently without Miro, Oettinger, Huberdeau, Kadri, and Dellandrea. I'm constantly shuffling in and out AHL guys and putting players on IR.

If Oettinger hadn't gotten hurt in the playoffs the previous season I think I had a chance at the cup. Took Nashville to game 7 in round 2 with Martin Jones in net.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Is there a way to turn down injuries?
There's not a game setting that I know of. You could use a DB editor to set every players' injury proneness setting to the minimum.

There might be something wrong with what you're doing though, because in my experience the injuries in EHM are less severe and less frequent than in the NHL.

It can be, coaching skills impact the results and depending on how bad they are at specific things, it can cause more injuries.
You could also check that your physio staff is at a high level and that you have all 3 on staff.
It could also be your players physical skills are low.
If you have a lot of youngsters and the coaches are low in that skill, younger players won't reach potential and seem to get injured more
^ is pretty much the info you need to follow. The only thing I can think of that's missing is you want to set players with low condition on lower intensity practices so they can recover. I suspect that lower condition increases chance of injury.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
There's not a game setting that I know of. You could use a DB editor to set every players' injury proneness setting to the minimum.

There might be something wrong with what you're doing though, because in my experience the injuries in EHM are less severe and less frequent than in the NHL.

I rarely have my full team healthy for more than a handful of games at a time. And I seem to always be missing top guys. For instance, in my new season I'm 21 games into the season and I've already had to put Huberdeau and Seguin on 24 day IR and Fabbro on 10 day IR.

I've read injuries can be bad if you don't have a physio hired but I have two with very good reputation so who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad