Stars’ Off-season Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Murphy isn't reliable right? No way the Stars would prefer to keep Honka at this point

He also seems to believe that acquiring Honka could make Petry available lol

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Don’t really see a fit unless he’s willing to take an AHL deal. We are at 48 contracts according to capfriendly (looks like that’s counting Dellandra and Damiani who won’t count if they are sent down).

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Noesen would be good on our 4th line, but I’d rather give someone else a chance in our organization. I’m interested in seeing Kiviranta play

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He's toast. If he was ready to go he would have been involved in the informal skates by now.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
He’s by all accounts an extremely bright guy. I wouldn’t be shocked if he saw what Andrew Luck did and thought, “you know what? That’s not a terrible idea”. Wouldn’t blame him at all.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've been saying since we first got reports of his injury that he needs to just retire. He's made enough to be comfortable for life if he's smart with his money (which is hard not to imagine being a reality), and it simply isn't worth risking his quality of life (and arguably even his life) for.

The fact that this has gone on for well over a year now is very, very concerning.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For his sake, I hope he takes this as far as he wants to go...

... or as far as is necessary to support him getting a full payout on his insurance.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
I've been saying since we first got reports of his injury that he needs to just retire. He's made enough to be comfortable for life if he's smart with his money (which is hard not to imagine being a reality), and it simply isn't worth risking his quality of life (and arguably even his life) for.

The fact that this has gone on for well over a year now is very, very concerning.

I have a cousin who sustained a concussion four years ago. She STILL has headaches, can’t be around bright lights and gets dizzy from time to time. Hasn’t worked in those four years either and she’s a nurse. I could only imagine the risks Johns’ would put his body through.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Obviously there’d be a hole at D if Johns doesn’t play. Some names to watch out for during the season/at the deadline that could help out in the top 4 include-

Mike Green- Detroit
Jared Spurgeon- Minnesota
Zach Bogosian- Buffalo
Andy Greene- NJD
Sami Vatanen- NJD
Chris Tanev- Vancouver
Darnell Nurse- Edmonton

(I know some of these guys aren’t good. Just searched by non playoff teams last year on capfriendly)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure just about every name on that list is either untouchable or someone we want no part of.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Probably worth keeping a close eye on some of the AHL/bubble d-men in camp. If there is a hole, Nill could turn to one of the young defenders to fill it.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I'm pretty sure just about every name on that list is either untouchable or someone we want no part of.

Nah. Nurse is fine, Minnesota should rebuild, and the rest of those guys could pass as rentals aside from maybe Vatanen since NJD probably resigns him.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nah. Nurse is fine, Minnesota should rebuild, and the rest of those guys could pass as rentals aside from maybe Vatanen since NJD probably resigns him.

Green - he seems very much like a rental option. Also probably too expensive for us to acquire early in the season.
Spurgeon - Minny fans talk about him like a borderline #1 right now. The Wild aren't gonna rebuild as much as they should, either. He's most likely not going anywhere.
Bogosian - Why would we ever want him?
Greene - Too much of a leader for NJ, especially when they're trying to actually contend.
Vatanen - Maybe, especially if the Devils get off to a slow start. Can't see them moving out assets after the offseason they had, though.
Tanev - Maybe. Probably the most likely and best option here. Vancouver seems to really like him, though.
Nurse - 44 points as a 24 year old, coupled with his size/skating/defense/physicality. He's not going anywhere either.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Green and Tanev were names floating around at TDL last season, but I can't see Nill making a move this early.

He'll promote and assess. Then if he has to...make a questionable trade for a below average D. At any rate, I'm not sure I want Polak and Rig in the lineup at the same time for any kind of extended period.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well roster looks like expected . A few invites who probably get cut at some point but thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad