Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
New update just out

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Tell me you didn't do side quests without saying you didn't do side quests.
Lol, Sure, the 70 hours I've played was totally just the main story and wandering around, read the thread, I've commented a ton and given advice on side quests, but keep making side swipe comments instead of posting anything of substance, it's all you're good for.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
NG+ing it. Really enjoying it so far, have never played a game that has given me this sort of experience for my character. Somethings, like always, could be done a bit better but it's still pretty awesome. Finally gonna do the Vanguard and Crimson Fleet stuff this go around.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I need to find more questlines that vibe with me. Really enjoyed the Vanguard questline but I start bouncing off the game when I end up in quests that are mostly about travelling around.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I need to find more questlines that vibe with me. Really enjoyed the Vanguard questline but I start bouncing off the game when I end up in quests that are mostly about travelling around.
Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by a lot of the quest lines because they're often more about traveling around and talking. It's not fun to spend more time in transit and dialogue than in combat and exploration. I find that, when I'm having fun, it's often the times when I go off script and do my own thing, like when I ignore my current quest and check out an abandoned facility, take a ship that I saw land in the distance or dock with a random space station. I did that for over an hour last night and it was the most fun that I'd had in a week. For example, I decided to dock at a space station that I just happened across and which had no artificial gravity, so I ended up exploring the station and fighting Spacers in zero G for 15 minutes. That was pretty cool, and maybe it's part of a quest that I hadn't gotten yet, but it was more fun to discover it on my own. It's times like those when I enjoy the game, not so much the times when I'm just going where I'm told.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by a lot of the quest lines because they're often more about traveling around and talking. It's not fun to spend more time in transit and dialogue than in combat and exploration. I find that, when I'm having fun, it's often the times when I go off script and do my own thing, like when I ignore my current quest and check out an abandoned facility, take a ship that I saw land in the distance or dock with a random space station. I did that for over an hour last night and it was the most fun that I'd had in a week. For example, I decided to dock at a space station that I just happened across and which had a switch to turn off artificial gravity, so I ended up exploring the station and fighting Spacers in zero G for 15 minutes. That was pretty cool, and maybe it's part of a quest that I hadn't gotten yet, but it was more fun to discover it on my own. It's times like those when I enjoy the game, not so much the times when I'm just going where I'm told.

For me sometimes the random exploration gets stale when I encounter the same procedural generated structures on a planet but it is cool when I find something unique.

I don't necessarily mind being told where to go but there has to be interesting things to do there

I get everyone is looking for different things but I need more 'On Guard' quality quests and less clearing out the same outposts of spacers. They might exist too but you don't know what you are going to get when choosing what quests to do

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am done with this game. The bugs are starting to piss me the f*** off. Just got a quest breaking bug in the ryujin quest line to the point where i can't finish it.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I will say, the more I play the more I find bugs. Frequently now my quest marker shows to go back to the area I was just in then says to go to another area when I go back to it. My game crashes almost every hour now. Super annoying as it's hard to get lost in a game when you're constantly having to restart the game. I'm still enjoying it but man please patch this up Bethesda.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I will say, the more I play the more I find bugs. Frequently now my quest marker shows to go back to the area I was just in then says to go to another area when I go back to it. My game crashes almost every hour now. Super annoying as it's hard to get lost in a game when you're constantly having to restart the game. I'm still enjoying it but man please patch this up Bethesda.
I was on one of the last remaining questlines for the ryujin quests. At the end of the mission, it tells me to meet a guy, but the marker for the guy is all the way outside the playable area instead of inside the city where it should be. The same thing happened before in another quest where the marker appeared at a different spot then it should be. The previous quest i was able to complete though just by running out of the city. This ryujin quest though i think i am screwed.

Edit: Yep, cannot complete the quest. Super annoying.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by a lot of the quest lines because they're often more about traveling around and talking. It's not fun to spend more time in transit and dialogue than in combat and exploration. I find that, when I'm having fun, it's often the times when I go off script and do my own thing, like when I ignore my current quest and check out an abandoned facility, take a ship that I saw land in the distance or dock with a random space station. I did that for over an hour last night and it was the most fun that I'd had in a week. For example, I decided to dock at a space station that I just happened across and which had no artificial gravity, so I ended up exploring the station and fighting Spacers in zero G for 15 minutes. That was pretty cool, and maybe it's part of a quest that I hadn't gotten yet, but it was more fun to discover it on my own. It's times like those when I enjoy the game, not so much the times when I'm just going where I'm told.

I came across that space station a week or so ago and it was a lot of fun!

Make sure you grab the jackpot.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I was on one of the last remaining questlines for the ryujin quests. At the end of the mission, it tells me to meet a guy, but the marker for the guy is all the way outside the playable area instead of inside the city where it should be. The same thing happened before in another quest where the marker appeared at a different spot then it should be. The previous quest i was able to complete though just by running out of the city. This ryujin quest though i think i am screwed.

Edit: Yep, cannot complete the quest. Super annoying.

Sorry to hear. I haven’t had this happen yet but o have a friend who has and he had to basically “cheat” around it. Luckily he was on PC. You can always revert to a save before that if you have a recent one. Either way super frustrating to have to redo.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry to hear. I haven’t had this happen yet but o have a friend who has and he had to basically “cheat” around it. Luckily he was on PC. You can always revert to a save before that if you have a recent one. Either way super frustrating to have to redo.

I did. I redid the mission and the glitch still happened. I will just have to wait for a patch and hopefully then I wont have to restart the whole game just to finish this quest.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
1695939465910.png

Starfield breaking into my top 10

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
For those of you who have finished the main storyline, can you continue to play and do side stuff afterwards, or do you need to start a NG+?
You will only get "mission completed" achievement if you do NG+ but you can absolutely walk away from NG+ and finish doing side stuff instead.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'm 150 hours in and I think I'm done until we got some DLC. I don't see how playing NG+ over and over is fun.

I want to start a save as like Taylor from Planet of the Apes, Ripley or Parker from Alien or Bowman or Poole from 2001 and build their respective ships but I know I have a zero percent chance of building the ship. I'll have to do a deep dive into some youtube tutorials.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm 150 hours in and I think I'm done until we got some DLC. I don't see how playing NG+ over and over is fun.

I want to start a save as like Taylor from Planet of the Apes, Ripley or Parker from Alien or Bowman or Poole from 2001 and build their respective ships but I know I have a zero percent chance of building the ship. I'll have to do a deep dive into some youtube tutorials.

See if you can make the Event Horizon and take a trip to hell

• Love
Reactions: Jovavic

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Beat it around 80 hours, and honestly is just kind of average. Lots of aspects like dialogue, choices, writing, companions, etc., just feel dated, and Bethesda just hasn't really improved since Skyrim in 2011, in fact aspects like exploration was far superior than starfields. The peak of the game was the uc and crimson fleet quest lines, and nothing else came close. Game got buggier and buggier the more I played, and got the to point of constantly asking myself "why am I even doing this" or "who are you", etc. Your choices just never matter, the ryujiin quest line is a good example, where they ask you to stealth and kill no one in the last mission, but you can just run in guns blazing, and get basically told "you weren't supposed to kill anyone.... Anyways good job, jobs done".

I started playing bg3 after beating this last week, and bg3 is just on another level with literally every single comparable aspect. It's still a pretty good game, but modders made it more enjoyable for free.

Reactions: King 88

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I haven't beaten it yet, but agree that it feels dated in many ways and even a step back in some. The questing and exploration are especially not fun most of the time. The number of loading screens and amount of fast travel are obscene. I find the dialogue so tedious that I skip the majority of it and even sometimes don't read the options that I'm choosing because it rarely matters what I choose. Like you, I noticed that how I carry out quests also rarely matters. I had a similar UC quest in which I was forbidden to kill anyone, but I killed literally everyone, instead, and my commander was livid... for a minute... then he was back to praising me and giving me my next assignment. Also, last night, I was asked to choose whether to free something, but it ended up getting free no matter which you chose. Finally, lots of little things are getting on my nerves, like waiting for characters to stop talking before I can even engage them in dialogue. Last night, I had to wait several minutes while a married couple talked about their marriage, with me standing right there, so that I could talk to one of them and get on with my important mission.

That said, I'm still occasionally enjoying it (usually the rare times when I actually get to shoot something) and I'm still playing it after 4 weeks, so there's enough to come back to, but I think that it's my least favorite Bethesda RPG. In fact, I was reading the other day that it's Bethesda's lowest rated on Steam. It's still at an OK 75% positive, but lower than all of their previous RPGs, even the maligned Fallout 76, though only by a hair.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don’t understand how you spend 80 hours on a game you find average. That’s a lot of time.

Still loving it, although the Ryjukin Industries questline had an annoying mission with pure stealth that was frustrating.

I’m getting more frame drops the deeper I get in the game. Not sure if that’s related or not. No crashes but big dips.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreytWun

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think the low Steam reviews are due to bad performance on lower end hardware because i cannot think of a single other reason why this game should be rated lower than Fallout 3/4 aside from nostalgia.

Reactions: GreytWun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad