Starcraft 2

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Is anyone still playing this? It's probably my favorite game ever. It never gets old for me. I've been stuck in Platinum league forever but I've been watching ViBE's Bronze to GM series and trying to get better.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Is anyone still playing this? It's probably my favorite game ever. It never gets old for me. I've been stuck in Platinum league forever but I've been watching ViBE's Bronze to GM series and trying to get better.

I popped back for 20 games or so a few months ago. LotV really ruined the game for me with all the new ridiculous unit introductions. It's a completely different game than it used to be. I still enjoy it but my MMR is too high and it doesn't decay so I always end up playing against masters players when I come back and just get my shit pushed in. I almost exclusively play 2v2 though, but was a high diamond 1's player when I did play. What race do you play? What are you struggling with? I was ranked 82nd in the world in 2v2's back in the day, maybe I can help you out?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I play a few games a year, love to see the new maps and mess around. Mostly play Terran. Never got any good at it but it's super fun and I think it's a great game. Just don't have the motivation or time to really grind it out but def respect people that are good at it

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Playing it...campaigns, vs AI, Co-op... I think newest patch was released few days ago.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
How these ranking works ? Very easy, easy, medium, hard, harder ? What is after harder ?

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I popped back for 20 games or so a few months ago. LotV really ruined the game for me with all the new ridiculous unit introductions. It's a completely different game than it used to be. I still enjoy it but my MMR is too high and it doesn't decay so I always end up playing against masters players when I come back and just get my shit pushed in. I almost exclusively play 2v2 though, but was a high diamond 1's player when I did play. What race do you play? What are you struggling with? I was ranked 82nd in the world in 2v2's back in the day, maybe I can help you out?
That ranking is crazy impressive. RTS games are so incredibly difficult to get good at, especially once you start playing the elite guys. Gotta think so fast and move even faster. I don’t have it in me to get that twitchy. My favorite RTS was Red Alert 2 and I got half way decent at that. Never had a great cpu to run starcraft at the level I would have liked so I just stuck with console.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How these ranking works ? Very easy, easy, medium, hard, harder ? What is after harder ?

The rankings are in reference to your skill level on the multiplayer ladder. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Grandmaster (Grandmaster only exists in 1v1 and not in team modes). There are AI difficulty levels but I forget what they are, but it's different if you're playing a custom game compared to the campaign. Brutal is the highest level I think for the campaign but if you know what you're doing it's not all that challenging.

That ranking is crazy impressive. RTS games are so incredibly difficult to get good at, especially once you start playing the elite guys. Gotta think so fast and move even faster. I don’t have it in me to get that twitchy. My favorite RTS was Red Alert 2 and I got half way decent at that. Never had a great cpu to run starcraft at the level I would have liked so I just stuck with console.

Thanks, I played the original from about when it came out all the way until SC2 finally was released. Played through the Beta of SC2 and then continued playing regularly until the end of HotS, then LotV came and I really just didn't like the changes they made. I've played against a few of the professional players, Grubby, Stephano, and maybe a few others. Hackprotech was a big name in the team rankings and there was a period where I'd run into him on the regular because once you hit a certain point you just run into all the same players because your MMR is too high.

It's a lot of repetition, muscle memory, and just knowing the timings of certain builds. All of the skills from other RTS games translate well to one another, they all just have their unique aspects that make them different, but the concepts are generally the same. The problem is that once you step back from a game like that you have to re-learn all of the nuance because each patch changes things and I just don't have the desire (or time) to re-catalog all of that information.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00