Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wait, so he just has to bring baby Yoda to a Jedi, wouldn't he just have to get to Luke?
IIRC from season 1, I don't think Mando knows a whole lot about the Jedi or the force. We're assuming the hooded woman is some kind of Jedi based on the trailer but I'd venture that's to throw everyone off.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan outside of their Movies and Mando, but wouldn't Luke have trained some younger potential Jedi at this point in the timeline?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
IIRC from season 1, I don't think Mando knows a whole lot about the Jedi or the force. We're assuming the hooded woman is some kind of Jedi based on the trailer but I'd venture that's to throw everyone off.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan outside of their Movies and Mando, but wouldn't Luke have trained some younger potential Jedi at this point in the timeline?
I guess my head canon of connecting the dots is that he was seen with X-Wings, so there is a connection to the New Republic, so I would think they would either know about Luke or Leia, surely Cara Dune would or some of his other allies. I'd think his contacts would direct him to contacting Leia who would be a public figure.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I guess my head canon of connecting the dots is that he was seen with X-Wings, so there is a connection to the New Republic, so I would think they would either know about Luke or Leia, surely Cara Dune would or some of his other allies. I'd think his contacts would direct him to contacting Leia who would be a public figure.
Maybe they just didn't want to give away too much of the season :dunno:

No one knew about Baby Yoda last year, so maybe this is another plot point that's potentially kept quiet.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe they just didn't want to give away too much of the season :dunno:

No one knew about Baby Yoda last year, so maybe this is another plot point that's potentially kept quiet.
Yeah, that's why I'm just curious to see how it plays out. That's why I'm not 100% sold on any of the character leaks. This show seemed to do the opposite of what many others have been doing, successfully keeping characters and plot points a secret. Baby Yoda and the dark saber not being leaked was pretty remarkable, so why would they all of a sudden leak an endless amount of characters.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Wait, so he just has to bring baby Yoda to a Jedi, wouldn't he just have to get to Luke? That should be relatively easy at this point in the timeline, wouldn't it? Really not trying to nit-pick, but just sort of confused.

I loved season 1, but they are just going to create a messy timeline IMO. Get away from PT/OT/ST, so you can breathe.

If season 1 was any indication, they really don't seem concerned with trying to connect anything to or lead up to the sequel trilogy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’ve always wanted Pom Klementieff as Sabine, lookwise, but since they went with a wrestler It means the role will be very physical
Yeah, she'd have the looks and the acting chops for it. She'd probably be too expensive unless they are making a Sabine spin-off show, she'd need a main role for it to make sense budget wise. I'm glad they are going for athletic women in these types of roles. I never really liked the model types in action roles.

Reactions: Power Man

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I hope we find out how the Mandalorians went from how we left off in Rebels to what they are now. It's just completely different. Between the factions and size to how they are with their helmet.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
I don't think Sasha Banks is playing Sabine, she doesn't have the acting experience for such a big character...

I'm betting she's someone new.

I know a lot of people don't know who Ashoka is, but if you have time watch the youtube compilation of her most touching moments with Anakin from the Clone Wars, then the appearances she had in REBELS where she fought Vader.

I can't wait to see her!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That's what I was thinking, but in the trailer it said Jedi and sorcerers that were their enemies, and a mysterious hooded woman. Maybe it's all just misdirection, but it doesn't seem like it's guaranteed to be Yoda's species on some sacred planet. And I like the idea of a Mando trying to find a group of jedi to give the child to, the dynamic between those factions has always been an interesting plot-line, but it's just weird for the timeline. Especially if some of the rumored characters are involved because some of them are on good relations with each other.

I watched the trailer again and the mando said "you expect me to search the galaxy and deliver this creature to a race of enemy sorcerers" I believe this quote was said in season 1.

Are the jedi considered a race? The jedi consist of many different races imo.

I don't know. I think we are just looking to much into it. lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pascal is said to have walked out on production during the filming of the 2nd season.

He didn't walk out, he was apparently kicked off set.

Looks like the later episodes of season 2 will shift focus away from Mando and focus more on the other characters because of this.

Apparently Pascal wanted to be seen in the series without his helmet on more, but i guess the creative team wanted otherwise. Went as far as go above the creative teams heads by talking to Lucasfilm, which pissed everyone off.

Whole story is here:
Pedro Pascal 'Difficult'; Crying About Mandalorian Helmet

So this may be the last season of the Mandalorian. That is unless they recast him, make up or change the whole story (title included) so that they don't need the Mandalorian anymore.

I enjoyed season 1, but i am worried for season 2 cause i really don't think you can have a show named the Mandalorian and not have the Mandalorian in it.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, if the show is still a hit, it's probably the easiest recast they could ever have. Doubt it gets to that point.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Pascal is an incredible actor. Not many could give life and personality to a faceless character the way he does. Replacing him would be a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad