Star players that are bad playoff performers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Do you think you are dropping something profound? At this point it is on par with 1967 and round 1. We get it. And personally I find no enjoyment in this discussion anymore, completely burnt out on it.

So drop what you want to drop my friend. End of the day, Oilers are in a much easier division and haven't won anything either.
mhm mhm but also have you considered
1716316142345.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Matthews, Reilly. Until these guys win in the playoffs they will be stars who don’t get it done when it counts. Not too sure if any other club has this many regular season star players. Maybe Tampa? But those guys are proven winners.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
There's a good chance Marner and Matthews would be benched in the playoffs on any other team except the Leafs with their putrid playoff performances.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Is he aware that RNH has a higher PPG in the playoffs than Matthews?

Leaf fans opinions on HF are hilariously delusional and entertaining. Please never stop.

LMAO

To be fair, it's a small group of very vocal posters that come to the main boards with their blue and white pom poms and can't help themselves.

It's not all Leaf fans, it's just a group of the more clueless members of the lunatic fringe that really do a ton of damage to the reputation of their fanbase.

Reactions: barbu and Coffey

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
To be fair, it's a small group of very vocal posters that come to the main boards with their blue and white pom poms and can't help themselves.

It's not all Leaf fans, it's just a group of the more clueless members of the lunatic fringe that really do a ton of damage to the reputation of their fanbase.
200w.gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Is he aware that RNH has a higher PPG in the playoffs than Matthews?

Leaf fans opinions on HF are hilariously delusional and entertaining. Please never stop.

LMAO
McDavid era Oilers are 1-11 vs non-pacific teams in the playoffs, let's see if they can finally get it done outside the division. They only ever won 1 game vs that horrible blackhawks team in the bubble, swept twice. Seems like they do a lot of damage vs the poorer teams in pacific but then struggle pretty badly against the Central.

FYI he has 7 more points in 6 more games playing against much weaker teams, context matters. I don't think he would be putting up those types of numbers if he was playing in the Atlantic in the playoffs. The Pacific has gotten stronger over the last 2 years, but there is a massive difference between playing against teams like Boston, Tampa, Florida vs Pacific, even with Vegas emerging.

Matthews and the Leafs have played against elite teams/goaltenders nearly every year

Holtby, Rask, Rask, Price, Vasi, Vasi, Bobrovsky. Every single one of those guys has won a cup or played in the finals + won a vezina.

The best goalie Edmonton has played against was Helly, who swept them. Every other goalie has been significantly weaker than all the guys mentioned above.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
McDavid era Oilers are 1-11 vs non-pacific teams in the playoffs, let's see if they can finally get it done outside the division. They only ever won 1 game vs that horrible blackhawks team in the bubble, swept twice. Seems like they do a lot of damage vs the poorer teams in pacific but then struggle pretty badly against the Central.

FYI he has 7 more points in 6 more games playing against much weaker teams, context matters. I don't think he would be putting up those types of numbers if he was playing in the Atlantic in the playoffs. The Pacific has gotten stronger over the last 2 years, but there is a massive difference between playing against teams like Boston, Tampa, Florida vs Pacific, even with Vegas emerging.

Matthews and the Leafs have played against elite teams/goaltenders nearly every year

Holtby, Rask, Rask, Price, Vasi, Vasi, Bobrovsky. Every single one of those guys has won a cup or played in the finals + won a vezina.

The best goalie Edmonton has played against was Helly, who swept them. Every other goalie has been significantly weaker than all the guys mentioned above.
1716479787426.png

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Color me shocked, you deflect once again when your thoughts are challenged :laugh:
I didn't give you thoughts or feelings.
I gave you mathematical facts.

0.9PPG > 0.87PPG

I do love how you thought you had a gotcha moment there jumping through hoops and over barrels, but you failed.
One number is bigger than the other.

giphy.gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I didn't give you thoughts or feelings.
I gave you mathematical facts.

0.9PPG > 0.87PPG

I do love how you thought you had a gotcha moment there jumping through hoops and over barrels, but you failed.
One number is bigger than the other.

giphy.gif
Once again deflecting when faced with facts and your thoughts are challenged, try forming an actual response to the original post instead of whatever the hell this post is lol

It's pathetic bro

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Once again deflecting when faced with facts and your thoughts are challenged, try forming an actual response to the original post instead of whatever the hell this post is lol

It's pathetic bro
What are you talking about? My only post in this thread was "Is he aware that RNH has a higher PPG in the playoffs than Matthews?"

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Stamkos is a career 1.05 PPG player with a 0.79 PPG in the playoffs

This year was actually the first in his career that he finished the playoffs with over a PPG (6P in 5GP)

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Not true but whatever.
Absolutely true, guy varies from junk to straight up flotsam the closer he gets to elimination. It's like he actively checks out.

Good idea to keep hand waving at the oiler players and hope no one notices how far gone the rot is on the Leafs.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad