Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Agakhan43 said:
Suggestions, please, as to what should be engraved on the Stanley Cup for the 2004-05 season. Maybe "Cost-certainty, no salary cap" or , , , ,

"Taken from NHL's Cold Dead Hands" and given back to teams willing to challenge for it.

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Agakhan43 said:
Suggestions, please, as to what should be engraved on the Stanley Cup for the 2004-05 season. Maybe "Cost-certainty, no salary cap" or , , , ,
I would suggest using exactly the same inscription they used in 1919 when influenza cancelled the championship: "No Champion". That would be consistent and tasteful.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
I was at the HHOF on monday, and looking at the (replica) Cup they have there, Tampa Bay is actually at the end of the ring, so if there had been a season this year the winner would have been the first team on a new band around the bottom.

Something tells me the League won't have to deal with what to put for this season cause they'll just start a new band with the 06 winner.... if there is one of course.

That was just the replica of course, so maybe the real one is different. The replica didn't have the all the inconsisencies that the real one does though, ie spelling Leafs "Leaes", Islanders "Illanders" and the xxxxxxxing out of Basil Pocklington's name, which rather supprised me....

Brindfan

Sep 20, 2004
Front Range of CO
Technically, the "real" Cup never leaves the HHOF, it's in the vault with all the bands that have been removed. The Cup that is raised by the players is called the "Presentation Cup".

Where is the Presentation Cup? Since there is no season, it should be sitting in the HHOF.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Brindfan said:
Technically, the "real" Cup never leaves the HHOF, it's in the vault with all the bands that have been removed. The Cup that is raised by the players is called the "Presentation Cup".

Where is the Presentation Cup? Since there is no season, it should be sitting in the HHOF.

It still goes around on tour and to various private functions. Usually, important sponsors, STH's and suite holders from the winning team get some access to it.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Brindfan said:

It was at the AHL Skills Competition and All-Star game in NH a couple weeks ago...

Brindfan

Sep 20, 2004
Front Range of CO
I see it still has a busy schedule, even though the players don't.

When I was at the HHOF in 2001. The first day I went, it wasn't there. The next day, it was. So I was able to get a picture with the Presentation Cup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
nyrmessier011 said:
Well while I am sure that is a good idea, stanley's cup can't afford too big of a gap of blank space when the NHL misses another season next year.

No there wouldn't be a gap either. If the NHL comes back next season it would simply follow 2003-04. No gap. No nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad