Stanley Cup Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
mattihp said:
Who of you have held one of these in your hand?

I got to feel my coach's Ring and it felt so great I tried to hide it :sarcasm:

but my team-mates remembered who had it the last :banghead:

Yes. I've held all the devils stanley cup rings. And the Calgary one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sandman441/DSC00779.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sandman441/DSC00780.jpg

I also got to hold a silver medal from Salt Lake City.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sandman441/DSC00778.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sandman441/DSC00772.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sandman441/DSC00771.jpg

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Canukx said:

If you got 'em show em is my motto. It's cool though I think it's always nice to look at the different rings and I don't think many people have seen a olympic medal up close. I could be wrong though.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
sandman441 said:
If you got 'em show em is my motto. It's cool though I think it's always nice to look at the different rings and I don't think many people have seen a olympic medal up close. I could be wrong though.

I got to check out a gold medal from one of the skiers from Nagano. It's actually pretty suprising how heavy it was. Never held a Stanley Cup ring unfortunatly.

Awesome pics! :D

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I held a Patriots Super Bowl ring. I wouldn't put it on since I didn't win it.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
hckyguy14 said:
Who's ring did you hold?

It wasn't a players ring. We took a tour of the new stadium and the guy leading the tour had one. I don't remember what he did or his name. I was kind of umm looking at the girl who works for the Pats PR department. :amazed: We had dinner with Ted Johnson after, but he wasn't wearing his. Great guy BTW.

A guy I work with won one of those Dunkin Donuts give aways. He and three guests were supposed to play touch football with some of the Pats players on their new practice field, but it was ready. So instead they gave him a tour of the stadium and dinner with Teddy. He was nice enough to invite me and two others from work.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Toonces said:
I got to check out a gold medal from one of the skiers from Nagano. It's actually pretty suprising how heavy it was. Never held a Stanley Cup ring unfortunatly.

Awesome pics! :D

That's cool. I wouldn't mind getting to see a gold medal. Maybe Gomez can win one in the next olympics.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
How much money you could get for Stanley cup ring?

I would say 100,000 + for one isn't out of the question. I think the older ones are worth less though. If you look at the Calgary one (1989 I believe) and the two Devils rings (2000 - 2003 I believe) you can see the difference between them. I think all three rings have rubys and diamonds in them. The Calgary one had only diamonds. I think the football rings are more expensive but I'm not sure by how much.

hckyguy14

stick9 said:
It wasn't a players ring. We took a tour of the new stadium and the guy leading the tour had one. I don't remember what he did or his name. I was kind of umm looking at the girl who works for the Pats PR department. :amazed: We had dinner with Ted Johnson after, but he wasn't wearing his. Great guy BTW.

A guy I work with won one of those Dunkin Donuts give aways. He and three guests were supposed to play touch football with some of the Pats players on their new practice field, but it was ready. So instead they gave him a tour of the stadium and dinner with Teddy. He was nice enough to invite me and two others from work.

That's awsome! I have only been to Gillette 3 times since it opened. I'd love to take a tour, there seems like there is so much there!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
sandman441 said:
I would say 100,000 + for one isn't out of the question. I think the older ones are worth less though. If you look at the Calgary one (1989 I believe) and the two Devils rings (2000 - 2003 I believe) you can see the difference between them. I think all three rings have rubys and diamonds in them. The Calgary one had only diamonds. I think the football rings are more expensive but I'm not sure by how much.

Nice.. :amazed:

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
sandman441 said:

Last years New England Patriots Super Bowl ring cost about 20k-25k. The ones before that were in the teens. I'm guessing most Stanley Cup rings are in the same price range. As a side note, that 20k-25k ring was said to be the most expensive Super Bowl ring to date.

Now I am really curious about this. I'm gonna google it and see what I can find.

I found something on Tampa Bay's most recent ring. Check it out...

http://www.populationstatistic.com/archives/2004/11/17/stanley-cup-ring-bling/

Each ring has 138 diamonds - one for every point earned during the regular season and two for the 16 postseason victories. Each player’s ring has his name, jersey number and the postseason series victories with the opponent’s logo (4-3 over the Flames, 4-3 over the Flyers, 4-0 over the Canadiens and 4-1 over the Canadiens). Blue diamonds, a nod to the Lightning’s major color, make up the Stanley Cup on the ring. Those diamonds were sent to Israel to be “radiated†- or make them blue.

Each ring is valued at between $15,000 to $20,000. Players can also get toned-down versions of the ring for their family members.

Cool looking ring eh.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
I was way off. I thought I remembered a football ring being about 500,000 dollars so that is where I got the wrong comparison from. Maybe that was an Ebay auction or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig