Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Series Discussion

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Make the playoffs in Game 81 with a team that is ostensibly worse than last year’s version. Even after a coaching change.

Sorry if I can’t keep up with the others taking their victory lap.
I must have missed that.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yawn. Raymond scored some big goals in clutch moments. Barzal, 1–1 in OT for the playoff spot…yeah, nope.

Make the playoffs in Game 81 with a team that is ostensibly worse than last year’s version. Even after a coaching change.

Is UBS gonna be full for Game 3 and 4? Or did the Lou sucks, wanna rebuild, don’t like these toys crowd gonna not show up because the team is ‘mediocre?’

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022

Well you did declare the season over multiple times...

I must have missed that.
Just be sure to remember that we're not winning the cup anyway. OK?!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well you did declare the season over multiple times...

Just be sure to remember that we're not winning the cup anyway. OK?!
I just couldn’t blow enough smoke up my own ass to believe this was the wild card team I thought they would be in October.

It’s not that the Islanders were a good team. They were pretty much the same as last year. The rest of the conference passed us on the way down. Yay us

Reactions: Ishkabible

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I just couldn’t blow enough smoke up my own ass to believe this was the wild card team I thought they would be in October.

It’s not that the Islanders were a good team. They were pretty much the same as last year. The rest of the conference passed us on the way down.
Well whatever, I hope you're able to enjoy these playoff games. Best time of the year.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yawn. Raymond scored some big goals in clutch moments. Barzal, 1–1 in OT for the playoff spot…yeah, nope.

Is UBS gonna be full for Game 3 and 4? Or did the Lou sucks, wanna rebuild, don’t like these toys crowd gonna not show up because the team is ‘mediocre?’
That’s what it’s all about. Screw the regular season. Just linger close enough to make a playoff spot.

Well whatever, I hope you're able to enjoy these playoff games. Best time of the year.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.

As I’ve said, I love hockey hockey. I can watch any 2 teams play. I’ll be there for Games 1, 3 and 4. Renewed my seasons for next year the day I got the invoice in mid March

Reactions: Nizami Ganjavi

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
It’s not that the Islanders were a good team. They were pretty much the same as last year. The rest of the conference passed us on the way down. Yay us
Give it a rest man. They've gone 7-0-1 since you declared "season's ovah" passing 5 teams along the way.

That’s what it’s all about. Screw the regular season. Just linger close enough to make a playoff spot.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

As I’ve said, I love hockey hockey. I can watch any 2 teams play. I’ll be there for Games 1, 3 and 4. Renewed my seasons for next year the day I got the invoice in mid March
Not game 2? :)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
While an isles canes series isn’t exactly palatable, I don’t see a rags Washington series as any more thrilling either. The other two series in the East would/should get prime time billing.

Agree, but annoyingly the rangers are pretty much the #1 team the NHL would like to go far. When the rangers are playing deep into the spring more people pay attention - Regardless of who they play. I don't like it, but it's facts.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'm looking at a big series for one.....Bo Horvat.

Make up for your performance against these guys last time.

Also, p***y Pierre, we need Pushy Pierre back again.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Would love to agree with you here, but you know what's equally as important as goal-tending, perhaps even moreso?

Solid, consistent, D-fense.

Some have it and some dont.

We don't.
I cannot disagree with you, although some nights we have it for up to 50 55 mins maximum.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
You think going 9-1 with 1.30 GAA and 0.951 save % over those 10 games and now suddenly he’s going to shit the bed? I mean I certainly hope so, but doesn’t seem likely.

Keep reaching for those stars, cowboy
We will see....

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Well, Vegas lingered and ended up in the 3 spot too.

Now, it’s about what you do in the playoffs.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well, Vegas lingered and ended up in the 3 spot too.

Now, it’s about what you do in the playoffs.
One team is 45-28-8. The other team is 38-27-16. There’s no comparison.

Be better Lou.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad