GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1: Leafs Vs Bolts; May 2nd. 7:30 p.m. EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
(nah not waiting morning to start this. It is May 2nd already so it is within the time frame)

It is that time of the year ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and children of all ages. Allow me to share a story....

The story is not for the faint hearted. It is the story of how "The One Team" rose against all the villains and haters in pursuit of Stanley Cup.

giphy.gif

But then it got kidnapped by the villains of the south led by boss villain Vasilevskiy two years in a row

giphy.gif

The entire Village called HF Boards always hated that "One Team" jealous that "The One Team" had many followers unlike the other teams in the village.

But this time.... That "One Team" became angry. It said ENOUGH is ENOUGH! It was time to show all the naysayers in the village of HF Boards; against the corruption of the hockey body called NHL and constant and consistent unlawful policing by DoPS and the men with zebra stripes.

This time that "One Team" prepared and got ready to provide the answer in the only language that the wrongdoers understood.

giphy.gif

To all the naysayers, the haters, the bandwagoners -> The "One Team" announced that Stanley Cup is their property. It does not belong to anyone else
giphy.gif

Looking at the seriousness of that "One Team's" intention the village of HFBoards got shook... no not shook they got scared
giphy.gif

After the dust and smoke was settled and the sun and the moon and the stars were shining; It became absolutely crystal clear.... That this is the Year!
This year Stanley is Coming Home! It is coming home to the where it belongs. It is coming home to that "One Team". It is coming home to Toronto Maple Leafs!

6ekxww.jpg

The Line Up (*will update it as the recent news becomes available)

The Heroes

The Heroic Offense
Kerfoot - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kase*
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Clifford - Blackwell - Simmonds

The Heroic Defense
Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren

The Heroic Goalies
Campbell
Kallgren

The Heroic Head Coach: Sheldon Keefe

The Villains

The Villainous offense

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Point
Killorn - Colton - Paul
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

The Villainous defense
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sargachev Foote

The Villainous Goalies
Vasilevskiy
Elliot

The Villainous Head Coach: Jon Cooper

The Legend speaks of a hero who rose up and used the bolt's lightning to transcend into super saiyan and destroy the Lightning....
6bdws4.gif

Alrighty... all the storytelling aside. Lets GO!!! I am way too pumped!

Lets go win this thing!
giphy.gif

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Good News!

I've crunched some numbers and the odds of humanity evolving from single celled organisms, creating a professional hockey league, and then a team in that league losing 6 first round series in a row, are so astronomically small that if it happens we will finally know once and for all that we're living in a simulation.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Good News!

I've crunched some numbers and the odds of humanity evolving from single celled organisms, creating a professional hockey league, and then a team in that league losing 6 first round series in a row, are so astronomically small that if it happens we will finally know once and for all that we're living in a simulation.

giphy.gif

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Bravo my dude, I have a summer job interview in my field tomorrow at 3:30, the car will be packed with beer and steaks for the cottage and I'll be up there by 6:30, good enough to pound one or two before the game starts and enjoy the game with my Uncle, as is tradition.

Lets F*CKING DO THIS.

That cup is ours, to long has she cried tears once a year as new villains dare to put their hands on her, no more we say. The Hero of the day shall be coming, in sweet 16 victories.

GO LEAFS GO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Do we have any idea yet who’s doing play by play and colour?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
(nah not waiting morning to start this. It is May 2nd already so it is within the time frame)

It is that time of the year ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and children of all ages. Allow me to share a story....

The story is not for the faint hearted. It is the story of how "The One Team" rose against all the villains and haters in pursuit of Stanley Cup.

giphy.gif

But then it got kidnapped by the villains of the south led by boss villain Vasilevskiy two years in a row

giphy.gif

The entire Village called HF Boards always hated that "One Team" jealous that "The One Team" had many followers unlike the other teams in the village.

But this time.... That "One Team" became angry. It said ENOUGH is ENOUGH! It was time to show all the naysayers in the village of HF Boards; against the corruption of the hockey body called NHL and constant and consistent unlawful policing by DoPS and the men with zebra stripes.

This time that "One Team" prepared and got ready to provide the answer in the only language that the wrongdoers understood.

giphy.gif

To all the naysayers, the haters, the bandwagoners -> The "One Team" announced that Stanley Cup is their property. It does not belong to anyone else
giphy.gif

Looking at the seriousness of that "One Team's" intention the village of HFBoards got shook... no not shook they got scared
giphy.gif

After the dust and smoke was settled and the sun and the moon and the stars were shining; It became absolutely crystal clear.... That this is the Year!
This year Stanley is Coming Home! It is coming home to the where it belongs. It is coming home to that "One Team". It is coming home to Toronto Maple Leafs!

6ekxww.jpg

The Line Up (*will update it as the recent news becomes available)

The Heroes

The Heroic Offense
Kerfoot - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kase*
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Clifford - Blackwell - Simmonds

The Heroic Defense
Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren

The Heroic Goalies
Campbell
Kallgren

The Heroic Head Coach: Sheldon Keefe

The Villains

The Villainous offense

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Point
Killorn - Colton - Paul

Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

The Villainous defense
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sargachev Foote

The Villainous Goalies
Vasilevskiy
Elliot

The Villainous Head Coach: Jon Cooper

The Legend speaks of a hero who rose up and used the bolt's lightning to transcend into super saiyan and destroy the Lightning....
6bdws4.gif

Alrighty... all the storytelling aside. Lets GO!!! I am way too pumped!

Lets go win this thing!
giphy.gif
Gdt well done.
It's been some time since someone has put any effort into doing a Gdt, myself included.
Awesome!

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
We're obviously going to go as far as Matthews will take us, but I'm looking forward to seeing this team play with a healthy Tavares, a goal-scoring Marner, and a re-invented Mikheyev and Engvall. 4 things we didn't really have last year. Last year is a different series if we have 2 of those.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Bravo my dude, I have a summer job interview in my field tomorrow at 3:30, the car will be packed with beer and steaks for the cottage and I'll be up there by 6:30, good enough to pound one or two before the game starts and enjoy the game with my Uncle, as is tradition.

Lets F*CKING DO THIS.

That cup is ours, to long has she cried tears once a year as new villains dare to put their hands on her, no more we say. The Hero of the day shall be coming, in sweet 16 victories.

GO LEAFS GO.
I wish I had as much confidence in our Leafs like you do. What am I supposed to think when last year we were all thinking that this is the time we'll at least make it to the conference finals, JT or not. We don't need JT to beate the lowly Habs. The Leafs just die, I mean just DIE in game 7's (game 5 against CLB). They can't score in that game, they just DIE.

As badly as I want to feel confident this year because of how great of a season we had, but this all happened last year also, the only difference was that we weren't playing the 2 time Cup champs. So how can I feel any sort of comfort, even if they take a 3-0 lead in games. Oh and that 8-1 thrashing we took from them doesn't help the confidence.

Reactions: NiftyMits

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I wish I had as much confidence in our Leafs like you do. What am I supposed to think when last year we were all thinking that this is the time we'll at least make it to the conference finals, JT or not. We don't need JT to beate the lowly Habs. The Leafs just die, I mean just DIE in game 7's (game 5 against CLB). They can't score in that game, they just DIE.

As badly as I want to feel confident this year because of how great of a season we had, but this all happened last year also, the only difference was that we weren't playing the 2 time Cup champs. So how can I feel any sort of comfort, even if they take a 3-0 lead in games. Oh and that 8-1 thrashing we took from them doesn't help the confidence.
Have faith my dude (dudette), this year WILL be different. This team is ready, I can feel it. We need to come out guns blazing though, call the NHLs bluff. Hit everything that moves and be the first into the trenches.

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018

You gotta get this crap outta the thread brother. Live in the present, let the past be the past.
Go Leafs Go.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Way too much has been made of that 8-1 game. First of all, yes we got dunked on in that game, but we also dunked on Tampa like 2 weeks before that when both teams were actually icing full lineups. The 8-1 loss came with our backup in net, and no Auston Matthews, maybe others when I don’t recall. They also had a completely bogus major penalty called against them in the third which cost them 2 goals, which honestly made things just look that extra touch worse than they really were. Bad game, but let’s keep things in perspective.

Overall we’ve played Tampa well this year, we match up well in all positions IF Jack is on his game and he’ll need to be. I’m excited to get going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad