Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well can’t say I’m not surprised about Carolina. They desperately need an elite talent on their team and I’m not sure how they go about acquiring one. Missing out on Tkachuk really may be a death knell for their contention window it seems.
I think Aho is pretty close to being elite, but he's just one guy. I was listening to Overdrive (TSN Toronto radio) podcast at work, and they talked about the best PPG players all time in playoffs. Draisaitl, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen all in top-10 ALL TIME. Also Kucherov and Point in the top 20. And they really noted that the top-20 is all duos (well, trio in our case because Makar was in the top-20 as well). Elite players need other elite players to truly put up elite numbers.

Aho has had to carry that team a lot, and he's not McDavid or MacKinnon level. Svech is a nice player, but not good enough. Guentzel, not elite either.

Soo... Marner to Carolina? :naughty:

Reactions: Alienblood

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Aho is pretty close to being elite, but he's just one guy. I was listening to Overdrive (TSN Toronto radio) podcast at work, and they talked about the best PPG players all time in playoffs. Draisaitl, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen all in top-10 ALL TIME. Also Kucherov and Point in the top 20. And they really noted that the top-20 is all duos (well, trio in our case because Makar was in the top-20 as well). Elite players need other elite players to truly put up elite numbers.

Aho has had to carry that team a lot, and he's not McDavid or MacKinnon level. Svech is a nice player, but not good enough. Guentzel, not elite either.

Soo... Marner to Carolina? :naughty:
Realistically they need another C to take over the 2C spot. But I think Tkachuk would’ve been good enough to offset that issue. Should be an interesting summer for Carolina with likely a new coach and some roster turnover I’d guess.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Why do you guys hate Canadian teams?
Might be the only one here who is Canadian and wants the Canadian teams to fail (Flames with Kadri and the Habs I don’t hate). Bring about the maximum chaos possible. I’ve listened to way too many people arrogantly bleat on pissed off about a team in Florida/California winning and how awful that is because it’s ’not even cold there’. The little brother syndrome up here is something else at times and I find it exhausting
He owns Kane.

They are too nice eh?
We aren’t nice. Canadians tend to be polite but it’s not the same thing. On a general scale, Americans are nicer and friendlier than Canadians but not as polite. Finns whole mind your own business and don’t bother me vibe is more my speed than either

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
IMG_6605.jpeg

Canes twitter in a real battle with the Dallas jumbotron meme guy of a few years ago (and don’t you dare tell me it was more like a decade ago)

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Might be the only one here who is Canadian and wants the Canadian teams to fail (Flames with Kadri and the Habs I don’t hate). Bring about the maximum chaos possible. I’ve listened to way too many people arrogantly bleat on pissed off about a team in Florida/California winning and how awful that is because it’s ’not even cold there’. The little brother syndrome up here is something else at times and I find it exhausting

We aren’t nice. Canadians tend to be polite but it’s not the same thing. On a general scale, Americans are nicer and friendlier than Canadians but not as polite. Finns whole mind your own business and don’t bother me vibe is more my speed than either
I want Canadian teams to.lose as qell, can't stand any if them.

Your.on the wrong coast people.in the east coast are genuinely nice and open theist gomes to anyone.

Reactions: GeoRox89

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You know who would have been good? Trocheck.

Wait a second...
Man that Kotkaniemi contract blew up in their face. I thought it would eventually be good, because he should be at least a decent bottom end 2C. And he had not an awful last year, and started this season on fire. Then absolutely nothing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad