Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We did? Who did?

I said since the playoffs started that the winner of DAL/VGK would be our toughest round in the West.
Me and few others kinda said we’d beat either of those teams Vegas and Dallas because they kinda looked slow, but that was just the pace of that series. Dallas actually can play fast when they have to against us

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
4 Oilers in the zone. 2 handle the guy near the net and the guy with the puck on the boards. Mcdiver does nothing and lets Miller just walk in all alone with 30 seconds left.

That's the kind of thing you can't do. Especially the captain of the team.
I hate to break it to people around here but there have been plenty of times MacKinnon fails to pick up his guy in the defensive zone and it results in a goal. Yes, it was a costly mistake but that’s not where the focus should lie. Where McDavid failed is not in the defensive zone, it’s where he and that vaunted power play went 0-5.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I hate to break it to people around here but there have been plenty of times MacKinnon fails to pick up his guy in the defensive zone and it results in a goal. Yes, it was a costly mistake but that’s not where the focus should lie. Where McDavid failed is not in the defensive zone, it’s where he and that vaunted power play went 0-5.
MacK is regularly trash in his own zone. He puts zero effort into retrieving the puck or trying to break up the cycle.

He's average at trying to get back to cover an open man.

Some here claim MacK is better defensively than McDavid. It's not true at all.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
NHL.com goal video highlights are laughably short, they cut a nanosecond after the puck enters the net, leaving out all the emotion of the players and crowd reaction. Are they trying to save on data storage? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
NHL.com goal video highlights are laughably short, they cut a nanosecond after the puck enters the net, leaving out all the emotion of the players and crowd reaction. Are they trying to save on data storage? 😂
Probably trying to figure out how they can sneak advertising in lol

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why do you guys hate Canadian teams?
Because it provides the best drama. It's more entertaining when Canadian teams suck, and even better when their hopes and dreams are crushed.

Especially if Vancouver manages to win the series. They are playing with house money, the fans would've absolutely taken a sweeping loss in the 2nd round of playoffs if they were given the option before the season. Oilers however... cup or bust.

And then there's Toronto of course, lovely.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well can’t say I’m not surprised about Carolina. They desperately need an elite talent on their team and I’m not sure how they go about acquiring one. Missing out on Tkachuk really may be a death knell for their contention window it seems.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Does someone have a gif of Zadorov mocking Kane last night? When he said, “wahhhh”
Here's a small gif and a full quality video.
1000035001.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad