Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Z is very good, even elite, in a specific area… play man defense and give him an assignment to shut down a guy. He’s all world. Ask him to play any other system or role and he falls apart. He just wouldn’t work with how the Avs play.

He’s arguably the best character in the league. I hope he gets a huge deal.
Best since this cat?

1715613336304.png

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

And Edmonton will get 7 PPs next game while Vancouver will get maybe 2.

I see the league finally caught up to what every other sport has realized. McDavid sure hit the finding out stage of FAFO last night and while it’s stupid how many other things (especially the sucker punch on Marchand) that should have been suspensions that the league let go I’m mildly impressed the league started taking protecting the stars seriously

I know pretty well everyone here wants the Oilers to lose but let’s not pretend that the best thing for the NHL is anything other than viewers tuning in to watch McDrai scoring. The NHL can only dream of getting people to tune in to either hate watch or bandwagon McDavid at even 5% the rate of a Mahomes or Brady

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I see the league finally caught up to what every other sport has realized. McDavid sure hit the finding out stage of FAFO last night and while it’s stupid how many other things (especially the sucker punch on Marchand) that should have been suspensions that the league let go I’m mildly impressed the league started taking protecting the stars seriously

I know pretty well everyone here wants the Oilers to lose but let’s not pretend that the best thing for the NHL is anything other than viewers tuning in to watch McDrai scoring. The NHL can only dream of getting people to tune in to either hate watch or bandwagon McDavid at even 5% the rate of a Mahomes or Brady
Yeah, while I’m all for protecting your stars, if they’re going to give McClavicle carte blanche to throw “inadvertent” high sticks, slashes, then run behind the refs like Crosbitch, I’m out. Won’t give the league the satisfaction of hate viewing.

Reactions: Phil Raitt

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What did McDavid expect to happen after the two-handed slash exactly?

Should have been a fine for Soucy and that's it.

Another thing I like way more about Mack, he generally doesn't do the low key dirty stuff, and if he's getting involved in a scrum, he knows what's about to happen when he does and is actually ready for it. McDavid and Leon do this low-key dirty shit all the time and then immediately play victim when someone retaliates.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
What did McDavid expect to happen after the two-handed slash exactly?

Should have been a fine for Soucy and that's it.

Another thing I like way more about Mack, he generally doesn't do the low key dirty stuff, and if he's getting involved in a scrum, he knows what's about to happen when he does and is actually ready for it. McDavid and Leon do this low-key dirty shit all the time and then immediately play victim when someone retaliates.
I don't understand how Soucy is going to get suspended when it's not his fault McFAFO changes height as Soucy is retaliating?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

You’re probably right, but I’ll also say that the Edm-Van series has been quite fun to watch. The most entertaining of the four 2nd round series so far, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Raitt

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

didn't even notice this until I saw this Tweet.

Not sure how Hyman escaped anything whatsoever, because he went in with the intention of going high. Soucy only connected w/ McDavid's face because of the hit from behind.

Because it's a clown league. Same with the hit that sidelined Marchand.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad