Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Swayman stole that, while Bob looked pedestrian at best. Florida was very careless with the puck which probably was due to that week off, but they had enough chances to capitalise and seal this game, but Jeremy kept the momentum on Boston's side.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well George had a long ass break at the end of the season and responded with 7 goals against his first game.
goofy.jpg

Oh wait, I'm not that beat writer for the Avs.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Lol. Nhl really can't get broadcasting games right. To still need to borrow a cable subscription to watch a game is ridiculous. And for espn to do that when already paying for their streaming is nuts...

So will all games be cable-ESPN or HBO at this point? Might as well just cancel espn and save a few bucks if so. Thanks for the info.
I've had ESPN+ for a couple of seasons now and learned that ESPN+ principally presents the regular season. Once the playoffs begin, ESPN and ESPN2 take over the broadcast. Plus TNT and TBS and occasionally, ABC. All require a provider.

Not too mention that game 7 Stars-Vegas was on TruTV rather than TNT (had to search for that one!).

All require a provider - usually an extended cable package subscription. And one can still run afoul of Regional Sports Network broadcast rights .... like with Altitude.

I agree that the NHL is moronic when it comes to how it handles its TV coverage.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
I've had ESPN+ for a couple of seasons now and learned that ESPN+ principally presents the regular season. Once the playoffs begin, ESPN and ESPN2 take over the broadcast. Plus TNT and TBS and occasionally, ABC. All require a provider.

Not too mention that game 7 Stars-Vegas was on TruTV rather than TNT (had to search for that one!).

All require a provider - usually an extended cable package subscription. And one can still run afoul of Regional Sports Network broadcast rights .... like with Altitude.

I agree that the NHL is moronic when it comes to how it handles its TV coverage.
Theres a reason that even if I have access to all those channels I just end up petting kittens instead.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Swayman is so good. He might be my favorite goalie in the NHL.
A big part of his game is just the ability to be so calm under pressure. It's crazy what a day and night difference it is between goalers like Lundqvist, Swayman, and Annunen to the hyperactive swimming ones like Kuemper, Georgiev, and Fleury. I love how Swayman is always smiling, it looks like he's having the best time of his life out there with Tkachuk lol.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Yeah, I mean my wife would be getting the Disney+ bundle whether or not I watched hockey, so I'm extremely happy with the ESPN+ coverage during the regular season.

I end up activating my old Sling account for the playoffs though. They have a $35/month live TV package that includes ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and TBS. I can't remember if TruTV is on that particular package or not though. I've got a digital antennae so I'm also good on the occasional ABC broadcast. I also want to say a year or so ago they aired games on MSNBC/USA but that might have been the old NBC contract that used those.

I'd much rather just plop down one single payment to one company and have one place to go to watch every damn game by one team. Regular season, playoffs, home, away or in a stadium on the moon and independent of where you live or roam. If the team plays a game and you've paid the price you watch the game. Period.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Which is annoying af, because you can't rewind, or start from the beginning on live broadcasts in the playoffs.

You have to wait for the game to be over, but you have to wait extra long, or you run the risk of spoiling the first three periods by tuning in and seeing that the game's in OT.

Doesn't help that they always say "watch live" now for some reason, even the next day, so there's no real way to see if the game is over yet.

ESPN+ is a great product, but the number of glitches it has, and their total apathy to fix them, even when they've been going on for years now, is infuriating to me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Swayman is so good. He might be my favorite goalie in the NHL.

Man I don't even know who my favorite goalie is in the NHL anymore. I was a huge fan of both Henrik and Giguere for years, once they retired I just don't really like any out there at present. Maybe if Spencer Knight ever figures it out or Saros leaves Nashville I might change my mind.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Man I don't even know who my favorite goalie is in the NHL anymore. I was a huge fan of both Henrik and Giguere for years, once they retired I just don't really like any out there at present. Maybe if Spencer Knight ever figures it out or Saros leaves Nashville I might change my mind.
It's Georgiev and you know it. And Justus is a close #2.

At least that's how it is for me.

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Canes continue to be one of if not the most overrated team in the NHL as far as the playoffs go

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad