Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I will never understand the whole signing Mikko to 12 mill contact will close the Avs contention window. That’s only giving him 3 more mill because he’s making 9 now and the cap will keep going up. The 3 mill won’t shut the Avs window
Right now that money keeps us from signing Mitts and Drouin. And as @Bender noted above, Moose's play this season leaves a whole lot to be desired, if it were not for RyJo he'd have the lowest GAF percentage on the team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Mikko drove his line just fine 2 years ago specially when MacK was out of the lineup. He carried the Avs. He just had a bit of a down year this season as far as driving play but he still put up 104 points.
I get it but this isn't 2 years ago and you can have bad stretches within a season but he hasn't been that guy for more than 10 games this season, imo.

When you start paying and giving raises to players who have maybe gotten used to getting into some bad habits 'play-wise' even if it hasn't affected him 'production-wise', that's when you might get into trouble for the future.

Some of these bad habits like weak board play, half-assed back checks and falling down all the time almost as if to say 'I couldn't back check because I fell down in the offensive zone'... It's like dude, you fall down 'untouched' like 6-8 times a game...that's NOT normal.

If that's his game now at 27, I don't think I want to see it at 30+.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I get it but this isn't 2 years ago and you can have bad stretches within a season but he hasn't been that guy for more than 10 games this season, imo.

When you start paying and giving raises to players who have maybe gotten used to getting into some bad habits 'play-wise' even if it hasn't affected him 'production-wise', that's when you might get into trouble for the future.

Some of these bad habits like weak board play, half-assed back checks and falling down all the time almost as if to say 'I couldn't back check because I fell down in the offensive zone'... It's like dude, you fall down 'untouched' like 6-8 times a game...that's NOT normal.

If that's his game now at 27, I don't think I want to see it at 30+.
I think it was game 4 if I counted correctly Mikko fell down 5 times in the 1st period alone. That is taking Bambi to another level.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
On to Vegas-Dallas Game 7

images (1).jpeg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'll say this for NBC, as much as I absolutely hated McGuire, he didn't actively cheer for only one team. He was more like Bucci and would just cheer both teams whenever they do something really good offensively or defensively.

The broadcasts on TBS and ESPN this season have been absolutely horrible from that stand point. I mean, the entire broadcast crew was heartbroken when the Avs advanced. It was absolutely unreal listening to them lamenting the end of the Jets season like it was a local broadcast and not a national/international one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad