Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm also not a fan of Pavelski. For no logical reason other than I find his face annoying and he consistently burns the Avs.
Yeah, not a big fan of Pavelski myself, but I just don’t like the Stars in general. Maybe it’s because of those old playoff match ups. Forsberg going at it with Hatcher etc…

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Would not mind playing the Stars at all. Goalie issues could make it an easy series for the Avs

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I appreciate that a hell of a lot more that the idiot Stars and Knights fans seeing who can yell "STARS" or "NIGHTS" louder than the other. It's the National Anthem. Have some respect.
The Avs fans shouting "and our flag was still there" is the dumbest one I've experienced. It doesn't make any sense. At least the stars and knights shout words that relate to their team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
These playoffs have some eerily similar traits to 2022 :

- Avs handily take care of their 1st round opponent (NSH '22 / WPG '24)
- Avs have a much tougher opponent in round #2 (STL '22 / DAL '24)

- Loilers face a crappy 1st round opponent LA '22 & '24
- Loilers set to face a cakewalk opponent in round #2 (CAL '22 / VAN '24)

I'm sure ALL of their fans will have forgotten about 2022 by the time they finish off whoever they face in round 2 and they'll boldly boast that they cannot be stopped....yet again.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The Avs fans shouting "and our flag was still there" is the dumbest one I've experienced. It doesn't make any sense. At least the stars and knights shout words that relate to their team.
They shout that because it's part of the Anthem. Who gives a f*** about yelling shit that relates to your team during the National Anthem? That's insanely stupid, IMO.

TRUE NORTH
Yeah, that's kinda dumb.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I'd rather play Dallas because I think the Golden LTIRers are more likely to utilize headshots and/or related goonery to their opponents than are the Stars.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
To be fair, they did change it not that long ago.

Imagine how many people were affected by having the words "thy sons" in the anthem for all those years. It's a wonder how so many people were STILL able to live their lives.
This is hilarious but also I still just sing the original words because I neither care it was changed nor do I ever remember it was in the moment until I hear it

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Anderson is a big loss for LA. Just an unfortunate collision. Oil lucky McDavid didn't get hurt
Yeah not sure about thay. McTurd is a great skater and didn't even try to get out of the way...just kept plowing through. It was a penalty for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad