Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
God DAMN I hate the fact that the Leafs won yesterday. f***ing Bruins, the Leafs were without Matthews as well.
We want a game 7 in the East and in the West to extend our time off imo. Don't really care who wins just the duration of time between now and then. That lame comment Bednar made about the guys not doing well with time off was made to justify playing MacKinnon for the franchise points record.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Just saw a snippet of Zadorov wanting to complain about refs but not wanting to get fined 25000$.

What did I miss?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
No idea, but at the end of the game Boeser was SCREAMING at the ref so something must have happened.
Refs swallowed the whistle towards the end of the game and Boeser was interfered with. It wasn't egregious, but the refs have allowed both teams in the series a lot of leeway on clutching, grabbing, and overall slowing the games way down. Nashville is just doing it a bit more.

TLDR nothing unusual in the playoffs

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Refs swallowed the whistle towards the end of the game and Boeser was interfered with. It wasn't egregious, but the refs have allowed both teams in the series a lot of leeway on clutching, grabbing, and overall slowing the games way down. Nashville is just doing it a bit more.

TLDR nothing unusual in the playoffs
Gotcha thanks.

I was thinking (even hoping) that it was a specific play rather than a general officiating complaint

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We do need more time until the 2nd round for JD to get healthy and come back as soon as possible and not miss too many games in the 2nd round. So let every series go to 7 games. Although I think Oilers will finish off the Kings tonight

Reactions: GeoRox89

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
We do need more time until the 2nd round for JD to get healthy and come back as soon as possible and not miss too many games in the 2nd round. So let every series go to 7 games. Although I think Oilers will finish off the Kings tonight

Dallas and Vegas is going 6 games at least, so the Avs can’t start before that one is done. Game 6 in that series is on May 3rd, and possible game 7 is May 5th.

Really only a 2 day difference max because no matter what, all series end by May 5th even if they all go 7 games.

Reactions: the_fan

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Adin Hill is a go tonight. This is excellent for the Avs as we get very recent video on both goalies and Dallas already showed us how to beat Thompson. Hill was really sub par to end the season.

Also puts Vegas in a very tough spot should Hill play poorly they will have lost 3 straight and have to go back to Thompson.

• Love
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Dallas and Vegas is going 6 games at least, so the Avs can’t start before that one is done. Game 6 in that series is on May 3rd, and possible game 7 is May 5th.

Really only a 2 day difference max because no matter what, all series end by May 5th even if they all go 7 games.
Yeah, we really want the Dallas and Vegas series to go to game 7. Then assuming Avs start round 2 on May 7th or 8th, Drouin will probably come back by game 4 or 5. You’re right though, it’s a difference of 2 days so I’m not sure if it makes that big of a difference. Just have Dallas and Vegas beat each other up for 7 games at very least

Reactions: GeoRox89

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Yeah, we really want the Dallas and Vegas series to go to game 7. Then assuming Avs start round 2 on May 7th or 8th, Drouin will probably come back by game 4 or 5. You’re right though, it’s a difference of 2 days so I’m not sure if it makes that big of a difference. Just have Dallas and Vegas beat each other up for 7 games at very least
I mean, it definitely could make a difference as 2 days is essentially 2 games, so every extra day is helpful.

It could also mean absolutely nothing if Drouin’s timeline isn’t exactly 4 weeks.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
As far as Drouin coming back is concerned we only need one series, east or west, to go to 7 games. They will not start any 2nd round series until ALL 1st round series are over. Obviously the Vegas/Dallas series going to 7 games is best for us as far as us being more rested

The NHL started a series early only once in the past and I believe it was because of COVID IIRC.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
What an unnecessary distraction for the canes to drag this brindamour contract out in public while competing for a cup.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy you'd think, given the way he played with reckless abandon and all his swagger and talk, that Rick Tocchet would be a real gambler (pun somewhat intended) behind the bench. Nope. He's conservative to the point of chickenshittedness. On top of super-conservative schemes and usage, dude just doesn't want to use challenges.

I get they were already down a man, but COME ON, you have got to throw the red flag there. And a Canucks fan friend of mine said the one Preds goal in game 3 was even more blatant and Toc didn't challenge that one either.

He's the Marty Schottenheimer of NHL coaches. No, he's the JOHN FOX of NHL coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad