Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Stars are already down two guys in this series. Time to repay the favour to Vegas. I want them both hobbled no matter who wins our series with the Jets
Sometimes hobbling is the only answer.

1000000118.jpg

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Toronto just isn't built to win. Sometimes you draft a core of players that just aren't cut from the right cloth and the result isn't good enough, that's just how it is. They're all too soft for the postseason game and they don't have the ability to turn the dial up to 11 when it's needed. They need to retool; Marner probably goes this summer but I still don't think that's going to fix them.

Crazy to think that a team with a player like Matthews on the roster has such a dismal future to look forward to, I think even Edmonton has a better shot to win with McDavid, even though that team has its own major flaws.
Just wait until the Leafs sign 30 year old mcdavid as a UFA in 3 years... :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Shanahan and Keefe gone for sure. They are going to keep the GM for now.

Hard to tell what will happen with the players.

If Marner is on the market that hurts Rants' value.
Why would that hurt Rants value? I mean I guess multiple high end wingers, but Mikko has a way better reputation league wide right now and makes less money.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why would that hurt Rants value? I mean I guess multiple high end wingers, but Mikko has a way better reputation league wide right now and makes less money.
You kinda answered your own question. You get 2 high end wingers on the market at the same time for a very limited amount of potential buyers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You kinda answered your own question. You get 2 high end wingers on the market at the same time for a very limited amount of potential buyers.
Sure, but Marner makes more money and has the major playoff ghost reputation. If they're both on the market, I would imagine the winger making less money and one of the best playoff PPG's ever would be in more demand by some bit.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seguin is probably thinking about male modeling again instead of hockey. Missed 2 breakaways in a row

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sure, but Marner makes more money and has the major playoff ghost reputation. If they're both on the market, I would imagine the winger making less money and one of the best playoff PPG's ever would be in more demand by some bit.
Rants only makes less money for one season.

At the end of the day they are similar players with similar stats and are the same age. If a team wants one, chances are they'll listen for the other. So now they have a choice and it hurts Rantanen's value.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And of course Vegas scores. Dallas might regret missing all those breakaways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad