Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Hart trophy voters take the playoffs into consideration, no way they’ll give it to Kucherov. Not just his point production is not there, but he’s turning pucks over left and right
Mackinnon already has the Hart just a matter of picking it up at this point. Same goes for Hughes and the Norris. Hellebuyc and the Vezina. Tocchet and the Jack Adams.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Isles are done… Tampa will be done in 5. Rangers will clean up the Caps. Only real competitive series out east is Boston/Toronto.
Remember when people were saying east is far superior than west?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tampa got cap crunched out of contention because they decided to keep all their stars at the expense of their depth. Kuch, Point, Hedman and Vasi should be the only highly paid players on that team and they aren't too old yet. Surround them with good depth and they are still top contenders.

The Stamkos and Sergachev contracts killed them.

I hope CMac is taking notes (probably not).

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Tampa got cap crunched out of contention because they decided to keep all their stars at the expense of their depth. Kuch, Point, Hedman and Vasi should be the only highly paid players on that team and they aren't too old yet. Surround them with good depth and they are still top contenders.

The Stamkos and Sergachev contracts killed them.

I hope CMac is taking notes (probably not).
They didn't renew Stamkos, who's been one of their top performers this season.

Sergachev seems to be a mistake, but jury is still out. They are missing him this series.

Giving up 18 draft picks for a fourth liner probably didn't help them as they were out of draft capital to improve their team and utilize the LTIR opened up by Sergachev being out.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The top of it clearly is… Florida is a wagon
I don’t know if it is. Let’s take top 5 teams from each conference

Vegas vs Florida
Dallas vs Canes
Avs vs Rangers
Oilers vs Bruins
Nucks vs Leafs

It’s pretty even with slight edge to west IMO, and Vegas already beaten Florida.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t know if it is. Let’s take top 5 teams from each conference

Vegas vs Florida
Dallas vs Canes
Avs vs Rangers
Oilers vs Bruins
Nucks vs Leafs

It’s pretty even with slight edge to west IMO, and Vegas already beaten Florida.
You’re discounting the meat grinder Florida went though and were very beat up. I think the East wins the majority of those series if not 4/5.

Florida, health permitting, is the clear best team in the league IMO. Vegas and Rangers are close after. Then you get to the mess. Things can happen in series and situations get weird… sometimes the better team doesn’t win. But I’d take the East over most of the west. Where the East sucks is 6-8.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You’re discounting the meat grinder Florida went though and were very beat up. I think the East wins the majority of those series if not 4/5.
Vegas beat Florida
Canes beat Dallas
Avs beat the Rangers (if Georgiev is good)
Oilers beat the Bruins
Leafs beat the Nucks

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Vegas v Florida - toss up
Dallas v Canes - Stars take this unless Otter sucks
Avs v Rags - toss up depending on goaltending and special teams (Rags aren’t that great 5 on 5 - Caps are just awful)
Oilers v Bruins - Oilers kill them
Canucks v Leafs - Leafs kill them unless they have a healthy Demko and then it’s closer

Reactions: the_fan

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
You wanna give 8x8 to a goalie who has sucked all season and the one game he played in this playoff?

No thanks. I’d take Ullmark instead

Let's give him 7 years @ 3 million AAV. Surely someone can convince him if this no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad