Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Oilers will face LAK and NAS in the first 2 rounds...
I was saying that if they don't win a Cup this year, they aren't going to win one with that core. You aren't going to see an easier path.

LA, worst team in the playoffs IMO. Then Nash who is mid or Van who has no goalie now. Then more than likely Colorado or Vegas both reasonable but both are beatable. Then probably one of Florida, Carolina or NYR. There really isn't a true giant out there, very open year.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
And then Vegas in round 3 lol. Talk about running into a brick wall.
I don't think it's guaranteed they will play Vegas. Dallas isn't going to roll over and die. And if the Avs figure out how to beat Winnipeg, we are sure as hell are not going just give it to them especially with home ice advantage.

Reactions: The Moops

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't think it's guaranteed they will play Vegas. Dallas isn't going to roll over and die. And if the Avs figure out how to beat Winnipeg, we are sure as hell are not going just give it to them especially with home ice advantage.

I hope you're right, but I'm not betting on it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dallas was the better team in Game 1, but was let down by Otter. It is a legit concern that he never re-gains form, but if he does, I'd expect Dallas to take that series in 6 or 7. If he doesn't Vegas in 5.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Canucks did put 83 pucks towards the net. Preds are doing an abusrd job of blocking shots and forcing shots wide due to angles/deflections.

Nashville offensively looks like San Jose through 2 games. We'll see if that changes at home.
Tocchet hockey is like taking the Carolina shoot from everywhere theme and match it with a trap. It doesn't surprise me they generated a ton of attempts. I just find his system boring and not conducive to good offensive hockey. The fact that they actually produce well (typically) is more of a testament to the talent on the team than the system.

I'll fully admit Tocchet has done a good job there and Vancouver is way better with him... I think his system is garbage and boring.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't watch all the games but according to my fantasy team, Elias Pettersson has been sucking ass ever since he signed that new contract. I'm sure that doesn't help the Canucks.

Just sayin'

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Playing at each capability, they aren’t better. Vegas is one of the few teams that Dallas doesn’t have a depth advantage against. Which is the key to their success.
Yup exactly. That Vegas roster is deep now that they miraculously got everyone back healthy to start the playoffs

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tocchet hockey is like taking the Carolina shoot from everywhere theme and match it with a trap. It doesn't surprise me they generated a ton of attempts. I just find his system boring and not conducive to good offensive hockey. The fact that they actually produce well (typically) is more of a testament to the talent on the team than the system.

I'll fully admit Tocchet has done a good job there and Vancouver is way better with him... I think his system is garbage and boring.
You mean Dakota Joshua magically isn't some middle six goal scoring dynamo now because of Tocchet?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is Pesce even a big loss? Seems like the Canes were ready to move on last Summer and they have more than enough good defensemen.

Looking now he is last amongst their six D in TOI through 2 games and was 4th during the regular season. Gotta think Orlov can take that role on.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Dallas was the better team in Game 1, but was let down by Otter. It is a legit concern that he never re-gains form, but if he does, I'd expect Dallas to take that series in 6 or 7. If he doesn't Vegas in 5.
He seems to always fall flat in the PO's.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He seems to always fall flat in the PO's.
He was phenomenal in 2022. Nearly single handedly beat Calgary. Last year was very boom or bust... to end the series vs Minny, he allowed just 4 goals over the last 3 games. He was very erratic vs Seattle... either fantastic or horrible. The Vegas series was a bit weird... he didn't step up in OT, but was a prime reason they even got to OT in game 1. Game 2 was meh. Game 3 was horrific. Games 4 and 5 he was brilliant. Game 6 he sucked. The up and down is not great in his play, if it continues, it is a pretty big weakness. But with his talent, it could correct quite easily and he could put up numbers right with Vasi, Bob, and Shesty. For Dallas to beat Vegas, he doesn't have to be that good, but he can't be erratic like last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad