Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Nobody is losing 4 out of 7 to Nashville.

Canucks will get through this.

Petterson looked terrible though. 11.6 millions starting next season? He needs to be better in games like this.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Those first two Canucks/Predators games are a crime to the game of hockey
Oh are you not a fan of games where neither team can get a SOG to save their lives?

Drawing this Preds team had me worried I was going to have to eat crow on suggesting to a bunch of bandwagoners that this team would lose in the first round but Demko going down may have saved that. Amazing how in 8 years I have met like 3 Canucks fans and suddenly this year there are a whole lot more around

(Weird amount of Oilers and Leafs fans I seem to meet though but maybe the Oilers was biased by TMX)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really hope the people of Florida realise how scintillatingly fantastic those two games have been. Some of the most enjoyable and highly talented hockey that I have witnessed all season. Today's game had everything in it, like everything.

Caps/Rags was also quite good considering the expectations coming in, but that ending sequence for Washington was brutal to watch. Six old blokes bobbling the puck like their prostates with no Hendrix out there - who has been their best player.

I did not watch the Nucks/Preds until ten minutes left in the third and I saw the shots and I told myself there is no way that is possible, to have two fairly talented teams and have only thirty combined shots total. Nasty and not the lit kind of nasty.

I think we just doxxed @S E P H

de53333e-e627-4b02-8749-e783dae0865c_text.gif

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh are you not a fan of games where neither team can get a SOG to save their lives?

Drawing this Preds team had me worried I was going to have to eat crow on suggesting to a bunch of bandwagoners that this team would lose in the first round but Demko going down may have saved that. Amazing how in 8 years I have met like 3 Canucks fans and suddenly this year there are a whole lot more around

(Weird amount of Oilers and Leafs fans I seem to meet though but maybe the Oilers was biased by TMX)
Nashville is not a good hockey team. That massive winning/point streak they went on was always a mirage. Yeah, Brunette is a fantastic coach as evidenced by his success in Florida, NJ, and now Nashville but this kind of hockey is not sustainable. The Preds are just blocking shot after shot and not even bothering to go on the attack unless Filip Forsberg is on the ice.

Even with DeSmith in goal the Canucks SHOULD beat them. The Preds are the second worst team in the playoffs after Washington.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Nashville is not a good hockey team. That massive winning/point streak they went on was always a mirage. Yeah, Brunette is a fantastic coach as evidenced by his success in Florida, NJ, and now Nashville but this kind of hockey is not sustainable. The Preds are just blocking shot after shot and not even bothering to go on the attack unless Filip Forsberg is on the ice.

Even with DeSmith in goal the Canucks SHOULD beat them. The Preds are the second worst team in the playoffs after Washington.
Losing to this Preds team would be just peak Canucks. That team has Keifer Sherwood playing meaningful minutes, bad is an understatement and yet they were 12 seconds of stupidity away from going home up 2-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad