Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And even if you 'close' it, teams will find a different way to exploit. It is just what happens, if you aren't pushing the limits, you aren't trying. Whether it be 15 year contracts, LTIR, 500k salaries when you're 58, etc. Teams will always find a way.

I don't blame Tampa at all. They offered a solution, it was shot down, so they just simply played by the rules as they were established.

When Round 2 is here, the Avs will also be $7m above the cap too. :nod:
When Round 2 is here, Colorado will be golfing...

Reactions: missionAvs

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just saw the Canes/Isles shot differential. Wow. Looks like I missed a fun one.

Oilers looked damn good.

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oilers looked damn good.
If Skinner holds up decently, they look like they'll be in the Finals. That's still a pretty big if, but they have an easy path and known playoff performers. Whoever makes it out of the Central bracket is bound to be beat up and only Winnipeg isn't shaky in net. I don't think they'll beat Florida or New York if those are the teams from the East... but if Toronto/Boston/Carolina somehow make it, Edmonton should win the Cup.

It is about as well setup of a chance as they could possibly ask for. For them to fail here would be devastating.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Nah...the Broncos traded for 2021 2nd overall pick Zach Wilson yesterday.

Those kinds of trades always work out. :sarcasm:
Yeah, I figured it’s football, I just don’t really follow football and can’t name a single player other than Myholmes or something? I can name John Elway, Dan Marino then Aaron Hernandez for different reasons

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I figured it’s football, I just don’t really follow football and can’t name a single player other than Myholmes or something? I can name John Elway, Dan Marino then Aaron Hernandez for different reasons
giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I despise that Vegas is allowed to significantly abuse the LTIR rules year after year…. But I love that it’s f***ing over Dallas right now.
It is like learning that you have the clap, but you know you got it from your ex.

• Haha
Reactions: Nihiliste

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I despise that Vegas is allowed to significantly abuse the LTIR rules year after year…. But I love that it’s f***ing over Dallas right now.
Yup, I won’t mind Vegas beating Dallas but then it would be sweet if Georgiev would somehow become a good goalie or Annunen becomes our savior and we beat Vegas. Knocking them out of the playoffs would feel that much better because of their LTIR crap

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yup, I won’t mind Vegas beating Dallas but then it would be sweet if Georgiev would somehow become a good goalie or Annunen becomes our savior and we beat Vegas. Knocking them out of the playoffs would feel that much better because of their LTIR crap

This postseason becomes a lot more enjoyable when you accept the fact that the Avs simply don't have it this year and are mostly likely a one and done ala Washington. I'll be absolutely shocked if they make it out of the first round with their goaltending and if by some miracle they do, either of DAL/VGK would completely destroy them. At least I don't hate Winnipeg, losing to them wouldn't be as painful.

While I'll suffer along with the rest of you, I'm getting more enjoyment hate watching other series.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This postseason becomes a lot more enjoyable when you accept the fact that the Avs simply don't have it this year and are mostly likely a one a done ala Washington. I'll be absolutely shocked if they make it out of the first round with their goaltending and if by some miracle they do, either of DAL/VGK would completely destroy them. At least I don't hate Winnipeg, losing to them wouldn't be as painful.

While I'll suffer along with the rest of you, I'm getting more enjoyment hate watching other series.
Yeah, and if Vegas faces Oilers in conference finals, I’m cheering for the Oilers. Screw it!

Vegas just can’t keep getting away with the LTIR stuff

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeah, and if Vegas faces Oilers in conference finals, I’m cheering for the Oilers. Screw it!

Vegas just can’t keep getting away with the LTIR stuff

oh man, that's a tough one. I really don't want McDavid to see any success in Edmonton. I think I'd take a second Vegas cup over that.

Plus if Vegas goes back to back on this LTIR bullshit, maybe that's enough for some changes to finally happen.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
oh man, that's a tough one. I really don't want McDavid to see any success in Edmonton. I think I'd take a second Vegas cup over that.

Plus if Vegas goes back to back on this LTIR bullshit, maybe that's enough for some changes to finally happen.
I don’t have that kind of faith in Bettman

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Oilers fans are the worst fanbase in the league as well. I want nothing but perpetual sadness for them

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It is just what happens, if you aren't pushing the limits, you aren't trying.
There is a line between pushing the limits and straight up cheating.

Sorry, faking an injury and blatantly lying to the rest of the league is not "pushing the limits", its cheating. I mean, they dont even try to cover it anymore.

And whoever comes up with this "pushing limits or within the rules" should probably check in on his moral compass. And no, just because 15 other teams can also do it doesnt make it better or justifies it. The other 15 dont do it.

Yeah, call them dumb or stupid because they probably care more about the integrity of this league, whatever.

Nothing against you personally man, just to be clear. :thumbu:

I mean, you can bang your hot neighbor too and claim its "within the rules". Your wife will say otherwise and raid your life. :D

And that the NHLPA and NHL and (!!!) the GMs let this shit fly is an indictment, sorry.

So no, its not "within the rules", its cheating. Simple as that.

And the look for the whole league is not a good one if you ask me.

It makes me vomit to watch this piece of shit of a player and captain of this "Team" probably lifting another cup. There, i said it.

How long until Benn does Benn things to Stone's back?
I kinda hope Benn does "his thing". Sorry, but i have no respect for this player and his lying ass.

I really dont care who wins the cup this year, as long as it wont be these travesty-show of a team from Nevada again

Edmonton or Dallas at least plays within the rules.

Thats my personal take on this.

Reactions: the_fan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is a line between pushing the limits and straight up cheating.

Sorry, faking an injury and blatantly lying to the rest of the league is not "pushing the limits", its cheating. I mean, they dont even try to cover it anymore.

And whoever comes up with this "pushing limits or within the rules" should probably check in on his moral compass. And no, just because 15 other teams can also do it doesnt make it better or justifies it. The other 15 dont do it.

Yeah, call them dumb or stupid because they probably care more about the integrity of this league, whatever.

Nothing against you personally man, just to be clear. :thumbu:

I mean, you can bang your hot neighbor too and claim its "within the rules". Your wife will say otherwise and raid your life. :D

And that the NHLPA and NHL and (!!!) the GMs let this shit fly is an indictment, sorry.

So no, its not "within the rules", its cheating. Simple as that.

And the look for the whole league is not a good one if you ask me.

It makes me vomit to watch this piece of shit of a player and captain of this "Team" probably lifting another cup. There, i said it.

I kinda hope Benn does "his thing". Sorry, but i have no respect for this player and his lying ass.

I really dont care who wins the cup this year, as long as it wont be these travesty-show of a team from Nevada again

Edmonton or Dallas at least plays within the rules.

Thats my personal take on this.
Do you really think that Stone didn't have a lacerated spleen?

If it isn't LTIR, it'll be something else. Teams always push these limits and always have.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
No, not for one second do i think he had a "lacerated spleen". Sorry, even hardcore-Vegas-Fans cant buy this shit anymore.

And i said it back then too.

And i also said he will be playing Game 1 when others in here were laughing about this.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

If it isn't LTIR, it'll be something else. Teams always push these limits and always have.
Do you really believe that 3 years in a row, he goes on LTIR in February a few weeks before the trade deadline, and 3 years in a row he is back for Game 1 of the playoffs, and that they weren't lying about either the severity or nature of the injury?

Coincidences are 1 thing, but come on...

Reactions: Bender

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No, not for one second do i think he had a "lacerated spleen". Sorry, even hardcore-Vegas-Fans cant buy this shit anymore.

And i said it back then too.

And i also said he will be playing Game 1 when others in here were laughing about this.
They’d be falsifying medical reports…

Do you really believe that 3 years in a row, he goes on LTIR in February a few weeks before the trade deadline, and 3 years in a row he is back for Game 1 of the playoffs, and that they weren't lying about either the severity or nature of the injury?

Coincidences are 1 thing, but come on...
I believe he has injuries and all parties are willing to use that to their advantage. Half the league could have a back issue that needs surgery. Just not all are willing to do this.

Vegas is very willing to do whatever they can to win and working the rules is a part of that. No matter what rules you set, there will be a way to bend things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad