GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023-24

Round 1 Winners?

• Total voters

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
The west is so ass bad lol

Imagine if Johnny, Chucky and Sutter stayed. This team would've been a perennial playoff team for another 3-5 years.

I'm sure Chucky is happy being in Florida tho

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I sincerely hope that Quebec City gets their team back at some point. The playoff atmospheres are just much better north of the border.

Maybe I just have American expansion fatigue with Utah/Arizona and now Houston/Atlanta looking certain to get a team at some point. The league needs more teams with a strong history of the game

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would trade it all in for millions of dollars and wearing flip flops and board shorts to work. Riding a JetSki on my weekends. That one I get.

It's the Gaudreau to Columbus decision I haven't been able to reconcile. Ohio? The Blue Jackets?
Why?
Close enough to Philly that their families can make it a weekend trip to visit, where the flight each way is 90 minutes and they don't have to deal with customs. Also, his wife is a pediatric nurse and Columbus has one of the top Children's Hospitals in North America.

Reactions: Felidae

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
I would trade it all in for millions of dollars and wearing flip flops and board shorts to work. Riding a JetSki on my weekends. That one I get.

It's the Gaudreau to Columbus decision I haven't been able to reconcile. Ohio? The Blue Jackets?
Why?
Americans can only be taken from Texas
: )

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Why?
Johnny shot himself in the foot. Mental decision indeed.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas beating Dallas 2-0 right now fairs well for that draft pick going from a 3rd to a 2nd. Unfortunately that doesn't bode well for the Dallas 3rd rounder lol. Rather Vegas win one round and get the 2nd then chance it with Dallas having to make the West final to get the 3rd bumped to a 2nd.

Without Demko Vancouver is toast, Nashville is winning in 6 so how ever good the pick can be, not sure where it would land, 25-28(?) if they get bounced in the first round.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Happy 75th birthday!
67de1387ad76d28fc220533215a4c37f833fc238_hq.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My bracket is already trash. I had Dallas going all the way.
I had a feeling that Vegas would roll through them which is looking good now.

I picked Washington to beat the Rangers though. Need them to make me look smart starting tonight.

I think my hatred of the Rangers probably clouded my judgement.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I had a feeling that Vegas would roll through them which is looking good now.

I picked Washington to beat the Rangers though. Need them to make me look smart starting tonight.

I think my hatred of the Rangers probably clouded my judgement.
I'm ahead or tied in every series except Dal/VGK. I think my East final could work. Carolina/Florida, with Florida advancing to the finals.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I honestly don't know why Conroy mentioned following Dallas.

Does this organization (aka ownership, management) really have a problem with re-building or even the word re-build. Like every team does it in every sport, it's how you build teams.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I think Conroy needs to reevaluate his vision from Dallas to Vegas. Just get ruthless CC

Conroy doesn't have a ruthless bone in his body.

Does this organization (aka ownership, management) really have a problem with re-building or even the word re-build. Like every team does it in every sport, it's how you build teams.

Murray wants the team to be able to compete when the new building opens so that's the only decent team you can hope to model yourself after but it's a fools errand.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Never expected the Panthers to possibly sweep the Bolts. Always nice to see when teams slay their dragon

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Never expected the Panthers to possibly sweep the Bolts. Always nice to see when teams slay their dragon
Tampa is unfortunately a shadow of their former glory. Florida is better top to bottom (excepting maybe Vasi and Bob, but you can't bet on goalies.)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I've been saying this essentially all year; as the way Calgary would/should be looking at things if they don't want to fully rebuild.

Dallas had a bunch of vets, who in their primes were exceptional players; they added a top 3 pick plus got some absolutely beauties late in the draft which essentially breathed new life into the veterans.

I've said it on this board before too; say somehow we manage to get the 1st overall and draft Celebrini... Does that just feel like Huberdeau could get a new lease on life?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Canadian franchises are always looking for shortcuts.

The Dallas model was just winning a draft lottery and then getting some homeruns on later picks. Pretty sure every team would love to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad