Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yes, He has to learn better puck handling skills......

Hahaha yeah that’s it… it’s all good, calls get missed but I thought that was as obvious as Comphers penalty to make it 4 on 4 and ultimately 4 on 3. This would’ve given us a 5 on 3 so it’s a bit of a bummer as an avs fan.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
As a Bruins fan, this has been a really fun series to watch. A Game 7 would be nuts.

I find myself rooting for Tampa a bit only because as a goalie, I am in awe of how f#*%ing good Vasilevskiy is. His reflexes, positioning and athleticism are simply off the charts.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's not a hot take at all. Avs have dominated Tampa in possession and xGoals all series long. Goaltending is the only reason this thing hasn't wrapped yet.

Vasi is the best in the world. Get a better goalie! Also I don't think its been that tilted since 2nd game. It's been closer than you are making it sound like. Tampa has done a great job adjusting to their speed. It's not perfect but effective.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Vasi is the best in the world. Get a better goalie! Also I don't think its been that tilted since 2nd game. It's been closer than you are making it sound like. Tampa has done a great job adjusting to their speed. It's not perfect but effective.
Don't visit MoneyPuck any time soon

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
It's not a hot take at all. Avs have dominated Tampa in possession and xGoals all series long. Goaltending is the only reason this thing hasn't wrapped yet.

The first two games yes, the last three have been even or slightly favoring Tampa. I don't care what the fancy stats say, goaltending is part of the game and expected goals is a silly way to analyze a team like the Lightning who do not rely on shot suppression.

Hedmonster Bolt

Les Paul Goon Life
May 8, 2018
Largo,Fl
Avs will take game 6. Everyone is assuming it goes 7 with TB coming back home tomorrow.
Jim Halpert Face GIF - Jim Halpert Face Yeah GIFs

Reactions: CupsOverCash

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The one concern for the Avs is the lack of clean goals in the past couple games. How many times have they beaten Vasi on a shot in games 4/5? I count once with the Kadri goal

In game 4 the Mack/Cogliano goals were deflections off players who didn't expect it

In game 5 the first goal Vasi misplayed, while the 2nd was a bounce from the Lord himself

Now, it's good they're getting these bounces because it shows they're throwing the puck to the net a lot (something i wish the Leafs did more of). But, you can't count on multiple bounces every night. They'll need to start beating Vasi like they did earlier in the series

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The one concern for the Avs is the lack of clean goals in the past couple games. How many times have they beaten Vasi on a shot in games 4/5? I count once with the Kadri goal

In game 4 the Mack/Cogliano goals were deflections off players who didn't expect it

In game 5 the first goal Vasi misplayed, while the 2nd was a bounce from the Lord himself

Now, it's good they're getting these bounces because it shows they're throwing the puck to the net a lot (something i wish the Leafs did more of). But, you can't count on multiple bounces every night. They'll need to start beating Vasi like they did earlier in the series
We've clearly seen Matthews, Marner, and Nylander score effectively on Vasilevskiy. Avs should emulate that.

auximenes

May 20, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Do you think he comes off well?
*woosh, over your head*

So, the specific clip referenced, of course it doesn't 'come off well'. But I was responding to somebody who said Kuch should 'never be allowed near a microphone'. Kuch has plenty of funny microphone moments, including perhaps most famously, his 'that's #1 bull*' comment from last season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The first two games yes, the last three have been even or slightly favoring Tampa. I don't care what the fancy stats say, goaltending is part of the game and expected goals is a silly way to analyze a team like the Lightning who do not rely on shot suppression.
Exactly. Limiting factor with advanced stats right here.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yep.
Listen to some of these guys, you would think having a great goalie is cheating .

Reactions: Jordan Belfort
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad