Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champions VS President Trophy Champions Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I don't see Tampa being hungry for this game. I'll be interested to see the roster Cooper puts out tonight.
If the Caps win any of the 3 vs Tampa it's this one.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
soften them up regardless boys

We need to make a statement just to impose the seed of doubt farther into their fans and players heads. Their false sense of relief from the last game, is temporary and they know it.

Seeing Joe Cirella Jr trying to play tough with Willy last game was worth a laugh. All 6'0 180 of him. He could use some softening to help find his place.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I doubt we'll see the same intensity that the Bolts brought last game. That was at their house, and their first chance at revenge, and now they already locked up the President's Trophy.

But we ourselves haven't locked up jack doodoo yet. We got to take it to them and take it to them hard. Now is the time for us to get playoff ready. Now its playoff time. Show them what it means to be the Champ.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wish we could call up Lewington and O'Brien and serve notice. Our boy Willy is all grown up being a 20 goal guy and all. As I read it, they want to play us tough. If tough they want, tough they can have. But it just shouldn't be all Willy.

We can start with a hungry Orpik grounding the first bolt to try to cross our blue....

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It seems like in actual raw numbers, other (competing) teams try to outhit the Caps each game because they are trying to show that they aren't afraid of the Caps, but in doing so, show how afraid they are of the Caps.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think its a huge mistake to read anything into this game or our response to it, or our response to the last meeting. It all means nothing. Let TB think they can out muscle us, out hit us. Its fine. It might work for one game at home in TB. It might work for one game on the road in DC. It might even work for all three regular season meetings we have.

But we already know how it will work in the 3rd playoff series deep in May over 7 games. TB wilted like a plucked flower in the heat. Didn't score a goal in the last two games, didn't even show up. Thats what matters. Not this game, not last game. In fact I'm not 100% sure they even get past Boston this time. Boston knows how to bring a heavy game for a playoff series. They saw the blueprint the Caps wrote last year. No one is beating TB matching skill for skill, not even us. But I have serious doubts that TB can withstand the pounding for a whole two months of the playoffs. I know we can. Thats all that matters.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tampa aren’t as good as their record indicates. Really aren’t that impressive.

Tampa is a historically good hockey team. They may be the best regular season team assembled in the salary cap era. Their offense is prolific and is four lines deep, their defense is terrific, and their goaltender may be the best in the league. Does this mean they win the Cup? Of course not as in hockey the best team on paper doesn't always win and regular season success doesn't always translate to playoff success but to say they're not impressive or not very good... I just can't agree.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If the Caps and Bolts meet again in the ECF, I want DSP to play every game. The current 4th line is way too soft to instill physical fear, and I don't want the top 6 guys to have to do it all themselves.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't see Tampa being hungry for this game. I'll be interested to see the roster Cooper puts out tonight.
If the Caps win any of the 3 vs Tampa it's this one.

I disagree, these 3 games against the Capitals are likely the only ones that have mattered to them for months now. This is their SCF after being humiliated year ago in the Playoffs.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Tampa aren’t as good as their record indicates. Really aren’t that impressive.

Lulz. Without a late season fade last year they’d have the President’s Trophy two seasons in a row. Second straight year leading the league in goal differential too, but yeah, not impressive.

Reactions: Michael Brunet

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Random theme

thumbnail

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Lulz. Without a late season fade last year they’d have the President’s Trophy two seasons in a row. Second straight year leading the league in goal differential too, but yeah, not impressive.

Yeah, they fizzled late last year and will likely fizzle again this year. Its a result of trying too hard in the meaningless regular season. Two minute Timmy Tampa lacks endurance.

Does Burakovsky still haunt Tampanians fans dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad