Stanley Cup Ad Campaign

X0ssbar

Easton said:
These ads are so freakin' corny. I'm embarassed to be a hockey fan when I see these ads. I hate this whole "warrior" theme they're going with. And c'mon, Lundquist??? Kiefer Sutherland makes it even more laughable.

Then what is good? What would you do?

C'mon, you seem to know so much about advertising -- put yourself out there with your original ideas instead of just ripping on the present.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
Stevedude530 said:
First of all, don't **** with Kiefer. Never, ever, **** with Kiefer.

Howie Mandel, yeah, you can **** with. He narrates the third one. John Cusack will be narrating the 4th.
Wow, that's quite the lineup. I can't wait to see John Cusak's.
Top Shelf said:
Then what is good? What would you do?

C'mon, you seem to know so much about advertising -- put yourself out there with your original ideas instead of just ripping on the present.
How about something like those old Powerade commercials where they just do a montage of hits and goals scored. That was a great ad. Or just take a look at the ads for baseball and football playoffs or their all-star games.

Hockey boasts about it's toughness too much. It's what made watching The Mullet the worst.

Last edited:

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
They want people to be able to recognize these players. That's the point. So when you're watching their all time hits and goals scored, you'll know who they're talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad