Value of: Stamkos

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Stamkos should offer a team friendly contract of 2-3 years at $3M to stay in Tampa, finish his career there and avoid moving his family. He's got enough money

But if I'm Montreal, I try to convince him to come play with his friend and mentor St-Louis for 2 years for big money. Habs have plenty of room for the next 2 years and could easily afford adding a $10M, even $12M salary and have space for a top 6 winger. Yeah the Habs are not winning the cup anytime soon, but we are at the point where our core needs some playoffs experience and even if Stamkos is not very useful in the playoffs anymore, he can still score and would definitely help getting in and providing leadership to this young team.

It's a pipe dream for sure...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
A 2 year overpayment to the Ducks makes so much sense unless he really wants to go for a 3rd cup and not take the money. If thats the case then he would just stay in Tampa though.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is staying TB guys...................he wants to stay period.
I would be shocked if he moved, and went to another team.......as for money and term, that's the GM and owners call.....I am certain it will be a team friendly deal, his last one was.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
0% any team signs a 34 year old for 8 years are you baked??
I would if that was an option for my team and that's what it took to get him to San Jose if we get Celebrini from this draft. Unfortunately, teams outside of Tampa can only offer him 7 years. I would offer him that if that's what it took to get him to sign if it's in that 6-7 mil range. I'd prefer to give him four years at a 9 mil cap hit because I'm pretty sure for San Jose to be considered a contender for any sort of valuable free agent, they have to basically be the top bid by at least a mil to actually be considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad