Stafford, Zajac or Stempniak???

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I'm going with Stempniak. If he was on a better team he would put up big points.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
I'd say Stempniak as a goal scorer. Zajac is the most creative out of the three and probably the best playmaker. Drew Stafford is the best rounded player with good offence and defence. He's not called "The New Chris Drury" for nothing!!

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Better goalscorer? I'd say Stempniak. He's already shown that he can put the puck in the net.

The best overall player of the three? Travis Zajac. His defensive skills are amazing for a 21 year old and he's already improved his faceoff skills tremendeosly. Zajac will be a Nieuwendyk type of player in a couple of years.

LeafsrGods*

Better goalscorer? I'd say Stempniak. He's already shown that he can put the puck in the net.

The best overall player of the three? Travis Zajac. His defensive skills are amazing for a 21 year old and he's already improved his faceoff skills tremendeosly. Zajac will be a Nieuwendyk type of player in a couple of years.

Drew Stafford is better defensivley, FYI.:yo:

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Drew Stafford is better defensivley, FYI.:yo:

I respect your opinion, I just happen to be of another one.

Stafford is going to be one heck of a player, heck..he already is.

But I've seen Zajac play the entire year, and there's no rookie that comes close to his two-way game. His positioning and defensive abilities are amazing, along with his hockey sense. This came right out of college to play for the New Jersey Devils, something you rarely see, especially for a number 2 centerman.

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
I think you can't go wrong with any of the three, but Stempniak will be the better goal scorer, although I love Staffords's game. I think he'll be more valuable to his team

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
stafford for best all around player, Ruff likes it when stafford throws the body
Stempniak for best goal scorer by far he is gonna be a 30 goal man in a couple years
Zajac best set up man he had 42 assists this year just wait a couple years till he gets someone good on his line, maybe the money with gomez leaving can be spent buying an offensive dynamo.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
stafford for best all around player, Ruff likes it when stafford throws the body
Stempniak for best goal scorer by far he is gonna be a 30 goal man in a couple years
Zajac best set up man he had 42 assists this year just wait a couple years till he gets someone good on his line, maybe the money with gomez leaving can be spent buying an offensive dynamo.

Agreed, exactly my thoughts.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006

Zajac has Zach Parise on his line, the Devils' top scorer this year. A pretty good linemate IMO.

Don't forget that Parise is only 22 years old and will get much better himself. The Devils will have a dynamc duo for many years in those two.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
But I've seen Zajac play the entire year, and there's no rookie that comes close to his two-way game. His positioning and defensive abilities are amazing, along with his hockey sense. This came right out of college to play for the New Jersey Devils, something you rarely see, especially for a number 2 centerman.

Jordan Staal?

Operation Hedera

Sep 9, 2006
connecticut
I respect your opinion, I just happen to be of another one.

Stafford is going to be one heck of a player, heck..he already is.

This is a very unimformed post. There are plenty of rookies who have his two way game, like staal, malkin, and stafford. You could make an arguement that he has the best two way game, but I think the majority of posters would say that staal has the best two-way game of all the rookies this year. Also, plenty of players come right out of college onto nhl rosters.

Having said that, zajac had an incredible year. I saw him play for ND a couple times last year, and his game has evolved an incredible amount in a very short time.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Stemp has the goal scoring lead in the bag, especially if he gets a good set-up man.
However, he probably won't be the leader in points out of this group.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'd take all three of them.

Stempniak for goals.
Stafford for points and size/physicality.
Zajac for overall play and his last name is amazing.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
All of them are pretty good !!

But for Goal Scoring department, I'd take Lee Stempniak for sure !! This guy is going to be a consistant 30-35 goals scorer as soon as next year if the blues give up a playmaking center. In his career year, he might reach 40...

Drew Stafford will be the best all around and Travis Zajac will have the most points out of thoses three !!

But Personnally, I'm a huge fan of Stempniak and Zajac. Stempniak was amazing againts Canada in yesterday's game with Stastny.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
stafford is my favorite by far, but you asked best goal scorer, has to be stempniak.

stempniak seems to have that nack for the net while stafford is skilled and hard working, more of a justin williams type. he will be no slouch in the goal scoring dept, especially in buffalo's system. but stempniak should net more.

zajac, while gionta has proven otherwise, i still will never pick a NJD in any scoring competition breakown. zajac had a great rookie season, but i don't see him putting up more than 30 in a season. where stafford and stemp i could see reach 40 and stemp reaching 50 with a solid center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad