Pre-Game Talk: Stadium series at soldier field-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Just figured we could get some talk going...Who will be attending? Where are people tailgating? How will the game play out? Maybe Some thoughts on the outdoor games this year..

Last edited by a moderator:

member 151739

I love the spectacle of outdoor games. But the games themselves have been awful this season. Bad ice. Terrible ice. Hopefully this one is a little different, and the Hawks get a win out of it.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Looks like it's going to be really cold. I was hoping for a warm spell when this game came, but I guess not. I'll be there, since I'm taking my sister for her Christmas present.

member 151739

Looks like it's going to be really cold. I was hoping for a warm spell when this game came, but I guess not. I'll be there, since I'm taking my sister for her Christmas present.

I'll be your sister for a day. Take me.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
My brother is going to be one of the Coors Light climber dudes.

whats a coors light climber?

Anyone tailgating? Im trying to figure out where me and my buddies can go drink for a bit outside before the game? I wonder if there are sponsered parties or anything

Nothingman*

I wanted to go but…..I will maybe hit a playoff game. Just the viewing and being so far away makes the TV a safer bet. And it can rain in March. But this winter hanging on I am not betting on that! It is going to be ****ing cold probably.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
whats a coors light climber?

Anyone tailgating? Im trying to figure out where me and my buddies can go drink for a bit outside before the game? I wonder if there are sponsered parties or anything

Have you seen those coors light commercials with the dudes climbing around in ice to fetch coors light for people? Well apparently, Coors is going to have like a fake mountain thing set up and hired dudes to "climb it" to bring prizes or something down to people.

Saw those guys on Saturday, corner of Sheffield and something. Somewhere between Wrigley and the nearest Chipotle we were returning from :laugh:

yea, he's only doing it for the one day. He's a mechanic, but he's in to rock climbing and i guess coors was looking for dudes with beards who could climb and my brother decided to call them up for ***** and he got the gig.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wanted to go, but decided to save my dough for a playoff ticket instead this year (hopefully).

Probably will just watch the game on the tube in my pajamas in my living room.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I'll be on a flight that doesn't land til after the game starts, just like opening night, so I'll probably miss most of this one.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
was going to go.... but I went to 5 other games instead

??? Tickets arnt that much more expensive then a regular game if ur sittin up top.

got mine for $140...usually go to a regular game these days for about $100

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
I really wanted to go to this, but seeing the weather for March 1st I'm kind of glad I didnt go broke for this one.

Especially since with games like these away team advantage is a real thing...some how. And I hate the pens.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You're going to be at the wrong house. Pay for a babysitter, and to heck with the game. ;)

They won't be playing the game at the hot tub party! :laugh:

I would rather hang with my kid, and watch the game, than hangout with a bunch of couples I don't really know, in a hot tub while it's -20C outside.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm hearing some nasty snow is coming this weekend. Another foot by the end of Sunday. Any chance this thing could get postponed?

As long as it's not crazy intense snow during the game, they're fine. It could snow all day Saturday, and they'll just take the tarp off and be ready to go.

Rain is what they can't deal with. But it won't rain.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Really excited to go home for the weekend and take this one on. I hope there's actually some cool stuff outside the stadium and it isn't just about the game. Has anyone heard about what will be outside or have a link they can send me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad