Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
McDonald put on IR today, Steen day to day with an upper body injury, and Tarasenko won't play.

Bolland isn't making the trip for the Hawks and Crawford will be in net.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I won't be surprised to see Carcillo playing some on the 1st line. The Blues team will not likely be the disorganized team we played earlier.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I won't be surprised to see Carcillo playing some on the 1st line. The Blues team will not likely be the disorganized team we played earlier.

Even if they're not, it shouldn't matter much. Chicago hasn't had much trouble handling St.Louis over the past year. They're 5-2 and one of those losses might have been before Hithcock took over.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Tarasenko has been out a few weeks now if I recall correctly. With Steen and McDonald out as well, this should be a winnable game, not that we couldn't win it with them in.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Blues are very overrated around the league. A lot of depth but no game breakers. We'll do just fine in a grinding game.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Even if they're not, it shouldn't matter much. Chicago hasn't had much trouble handling St.Louis over the past year. They're 5-2 and one of those losses might have been before Hithcock took over.

TBH ... I'm more concerned about Backes taking liberties against Toews. We will lose a game eventually.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing Carcillo on the top line and maybe sitting Saad for a game. Throw Bollig on the 4th line. These guys beat the hell out of us every time we play them.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
The Hawks also tend to beat St. Louis nearly every time they play them, so no, let's not make random lineup changes.

AbeLincolnsGhost

Jul 5, 2008
Ashland, OH
I wouldn't mind seeing Carcillo on the top line and maybe sitting Saad for a game. Throw Bollig on the 4th line. These guys beat the hell out of us every time we play them.

I agree only if Saad could really use the rest. If he says he's fine to go, he should be in the lineup. Would be nice to have Bollig around as insurance to try and keep them honest in the physical game, but probably not necessary. Carcillo may be enough.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I agree only if Saad could really use the rest. If he says he's fine to go, he should be in the lineup. Would be nice to have Bollig around as insurance to try and keep them honest in the physical game, but probably not necessary. Carcillo may be enough.

Bolland isn't playing so you can get Mayers and Carcillo in the line up. Thats a feisty 4th line

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Well, there you go. I think I'd still prefer Bollig over Mayers for the game, but Mayers will be fine, and he can play a bit better than Bollig.

If you play Bollig you can't play Carcillo or Frolik. You can keep Mayers and Carcillo out there because Mayers plays 4th line center.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
I hate St. Louis...

Yeah me too. I was at both of those losses to the Blues last year in STL. They were both trap type boring games. In fact if I remember right one was a shutout. We need to play physical tommorow but keep up what has been our key so far...... Playing in the opponents end. Puck possession and run and gun. Of we can do that the B-lose don't have a chance. And there aren't to many other opponents that do either.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ah, the pregame before the St. Louis Blues game.

Or, as I like to call it, "the time where I think about what dirty joke to text to my ex who's a Blues fan sometime before puckdrop." :naughty:

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
If you play Bollig you can't play Carcillo or Frolik. You can keep Mayers and Carcillo out there because Mayers plays 4th line center.

Q isn't dumb enough to sit Frolik for Bollig. Everyone's so high on Bollig, I just don't see it. Not that I'm against him, but th guy plays normal shifts until he gets in to a fight, which is every game he plays? Then Q sits him rest of game. Mayers can actually get through a game without having to drop the mitts.

Regardless, playing the Blues in STL isn't a 'skate around the rink' like people think. If I were to bet against the Hawks, this is the game I'd do it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I hate the Blues... would suck to see the streak ending against them.

Go Hawks, keep the streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad