Jimmy or Matty?

• Stützle

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • Beniers

Votes: 53 55.2%

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I think this is going to be awfully lopsided in favour of Beniers, but just wanted to see how you guys view these two players?

Dynamic offensive talent in Stützle, big defensively responsible player in Beniers that brings the same level of offense.

Who would you take as the centre on your team? Assume matching contracts.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think this is going to be awfully lopsided in favour of Beniers, but just wanted to see how you guys view these two players?

Dynamic offensive talent in Stützle, big defensively responsible player in Beniers that brings the same level of offense.

Who would you take as the centre on your team? Assume matching contracts.

Beniers and Stutzle are more similar than your description would let on. Beniers is far more dynamic than was supposed in his draft year. And though he's semi-responsible compared to his age group, he's still kind of like Stutzle defensively (not very good). Not that big either - Stutzle is more powerful and Beniers is lankier.

I'm sky high on both players.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I prefer Beniers slightly. Makes good high percentage plays with more consistency than Stutzle does and is usually on the right side of the puck. Stutzle may ultimately have the higher offensive ceiling but I think he'll have a tougher time hitting it. Reminds me of Bennett a bit with a tendency to overskate himself out of a good scoring position.

Reactions: Realgud

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Both are good fits for their teams Stutzle probably has more razzle dazzle skill but I feel Benier is the more well rounded player.

Ottawa needs a good defensive center that is good at playmaking to take tough minutes away from Stutzle and the Kraken could use a more razzle dazzle skilled center to perhaps take more of the offensive load while he excels at his well rounded game.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I prefer Beniers slightly. Makes good high percentage plays with more consistency than Stutzle does and is usually on the right side of the puck. Stutzle may ultimately have the higher offensive ceiling but I think he'll have a tougher time hitting it. Reminds me of Bennett a bit with a tendency to overskate himself out of a good scoring position.
This is absolutely spot on, as far as I am concerned.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Recency bias will say the shiny new toy in Beniers. I think he's currently out producing Stutzle with arguably weaker supporting cast, and supposedly will have the better defensive game eventually. But this could change as quickly as in one big scoring game for Stutzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad