SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Interesting stat; amongst the top 4 teams in the Western Conference, Greyhounds are the only team that has won a game in a shootout.

Record in SO games:
London 0-3 (Lost to Soo, Peterborough, Erie)
Kitchener 0-0
Soo 2-1 (Beat London, Saginaw, Lost to Guelph)
Saginaw 0-1 (Lost to Soo)

I guess we are better at the coin flip?
It sure is a big change from last year

Reactions: 93MemCup

Blasty15

Dec 10, 2022
Tuned in for a bit of the game of the week. Impressive comeback and exciting game all around. I see the Soo is very deep now but a bit of a headscratcher not seeing possibly one of the best lines in the OHL of Beck-Barker-Hayes. Maybe I am mistaken as I haven't watched many games? To me, that would rival mostly any other top 3 for best line in the league. I think they could still spread out the rest to where the depth is unaffected, but just my two cents.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Tuned in for a bit of the game of the week. Impressive comeback and exciting game all around. I see the Soo is very deep now but a bit of a headscratcher not seeing possibly one of the best lines in the OHL of Beck-Barker-Hayes. Maybe I am mistaken as I haven't watched many games? To me, that would rival mostly any other top 3 for best line in the league. I think they could still spread out the rest to where the depth is unaffected, but just my two cents.
The Edmonton Oilers have the NHL's 2 best players on different lines and have won 16 and a row so there's something to it.

Saginaw made a pretty significant change in their lines last game to counter our depth, which has killed them in the past. We've absolutely destroyed the Hay line previously, but they put him on the wing this time and had local product Lincoln Moore on their top line.

Forcing those kinds of changes gives us a real advantage. We can always go to the power line that you suggested at any point in a game, if it's needed.

Blasty15

Dec 10, 2022
The Edmonton Oilers have the NHL's 2 best players on different lines and have won 16 and a row so there's something to it.

Saginaw made a pretty significant change in their lines last game to counter our depth, which has killed them in the past. We've absolutely destroyed the Hay line previously, but they put him on the wing this time and had local product Lincoln Moore on their top line.

Forcing those kinds of changes gives us a real advantage. We can always go to the power line that you suggested at any point in a game, if it's needed.
I was unaware the Oilers picked up Mackinnon ;) but fair enough!

• Haha
Reactions: Davis Boyer

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Crazy start! A healthy and productive captain puts this team on a whole new level. Our depth is unbelievable.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Since joining the Soo Greyhounds:
Gavin Hayes - 9GP 9G 8A 17P
Jacob Frasca - 9GP 2G 5A 7P
Justin Dezeote - 7GP 0G 2A 2P

Since joining other teams:
Connor Clattenburg(FLINT) - 9GP 1G 3A 4P
Alex Kostov(FLINT) - 9GP 0G 0A 0P
Brenden Sirizzotti(BARRIE) - Not Playing.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Since joining the Soo Greyhounds:
Gavin Hayes - 9GP 9G 8A 17P
Jacob Frasca - 9GP 2G 5A 7P
Justin Dezeote - 7GP 0G 2A 2P

Since joining other teams:
Connor Clattenburg(FLINT) - 9GP 1G 3A 4P
Alex Kostov(FLINT) - 9GP 0G 0A 0P
Brenden Sirizzotti(BARRIE) - Not Playing.
Sucks for kostov as he was really finding his game just before the trade. But Hayes has been unreal for us.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Saginaw won both their games, both in overtime. Added 4 crucial points. Lots of games left.

Also like to mention London pulling away from Kitchener in their division. Every point lost from now on makes the last couple of weeks of the regular season difficult to catch up to another team. I love this position oir Hounds are in. Great hockey ahead.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Saginaw won both their games, both in overtime. Added 4 crucial points. Lots of games left.

Also like to mention London pulling away from Kitchener in their division. Every point lost from now on makes the last couple of weeks of the regular season difficult to catch up to another team. I love this position oir Hounds are in. Great hockey ahead.
Pivotal game this Sunday against Saginaw

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
goal is to be in Saginaw in May , not ahead of Saginaw in standings. Although it would be nice, I’m more focused on being at the BEST of our ability by playoffs! We keep winning the rest will work itself out! Building the good habits etc..

IMG_3680.jpeg

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
You're absolutely right HF92.
Go Hounds!

to be honest, i'd rather play saginaw in the second round. i feel like we play them well and we have the ability to hold them off in the late stages. their last 3 wins i think they were down by a goal or two with 10 minutes left in the game and came back to win. granted, that was against Windsor, Barrie and Ottawa.

I'd rather play them in the 2nd than London or Kitchener. and ideally would rather not play Owen Sound in the first lol.

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Hoping to see 60 minutes of good hockey tonight in the Big Nickle. Team needs to get rolling again,. A win tonight would be great for a team that performed poor in their last outing. Let's Go Hounds.

Reactions: SSMHoundsFan

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol, so much for watching the last 2 minutes.

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
I didn't have any issues with my video feed. Just watched a poor and disappointing performance. Hoping for a better weekend in Hound land.

They say losing builds character, hope that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad