SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
While I do like BMB, I think it's still debatable whether he's 4th overall material. I also don't think at a trade deadline he's gonna fetch the kings ransom, like our previous years talent would have. With that being said I hope he turns into an absolute beast next year. If we had had a few core pieces like him already in the lineup to build around, I would definitely be a little more hyped up for a cup run.
At the start of the year I agreed on BMB but he has turned it on more lately with very little help up front. He will be one of the highest returning point/goal scorers next season in the league.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
At the start of the year I agreed on BMB but he has turned it on more lately with very little help up front. He will be one of the highest returning point/goal scorers next season in the league.
I too like BMB's game. He's better than a PPG as an 18 year old captain on an offensively challenged team. Personally I can't help but feel like he'd be that much better if he had an elite 18 year old winger.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I too like BMB's game. He's better than a PPG as an 18 year old captain on an offensively challenged team. Personally I can't help but feel like he'd be that much better if he had an elite 18 year old winger.
Yeah. Exactly. Don’t be fooled by this year’s production. BMB and Kirill are legit studs. I wouldn’t place Kirill in the top 5-6 D in the league THIS year but he’s in that next group and I’m a converted believer. I thought he was a bit over-hyped around these parts last year.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. Exactly. Don’t be fooled by this year’s production. BMB and Kirill are legit studs. I wouldn’t place Kirill in the top 5-6 D in the league THIS year but he’s in that next group and I’m a converted believer. I thought he was a bit over-hyped around these parts last year.
durning the draft that year i was praying they would take Goyette and was pretty bitter that they took BMB but he's totally changed my view this year. i can count on one hand the amount of games he hasn't been they best player on our squad. he's over a PPG and has 25 goals on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

He's won me over. Kirill may not be the best D in the league but he's definitey up there. very solid at both ends of the ice.

but unfortunately we may have to trade them both next year to build for the future so we better enjoy watching them this year lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
So we've all been raving about the Greyhounds' defense this season (myself included), but really how good is it? We are now second last in the league for goals against. We have all been harping on the offense this season, but we're actually slightly better there league wide (3rd last in offense ) so maybe the offense is not the only issue with this team?

This would have been a perfect opportunity to get a bit of breathing room on a sputtering Rangers team for 8th place, but we couldn't even jump ahead in the standings. Kitchener has 2 games in hand and can only start playing better and we only have 23 games remaining. We are 5 games below .500 and probably realistically have to claw our way back to a .500 record on the season to squeak into 8th place. That would mean going on a 14-9 streak to end the season (.600) - which will be nearly impossible for this team to accomplish.

Currently 3rd last (Oshawa is ahead of us for 4th last), and Erie has been playing better hockey of late and only 4 points back of us with a game in hand. Good chance only Niagara finishes below us in the final standings. Looking forward to bringing in couple of nice prospects with our early first and second round picks and a nice import as well.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
personally i think our forwards are just as responsible as our defense for our goals against stat. all 5 players have responsibilities in the defensive zone.

i'm still rooting for the tank.

Reactions: hounds72

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
So we've all been raving about the Greyhounds' defense this season (myself included), but really how good is it? We are now second last in the league for goals against. We have all been harping on the offense this season, but we're actually slightly better there league wide (3rd last in offense ) so maybe the offense is not the only issue with this team?

This would have been a perfect opportunity to get a bit of breathing room on a sputtering Rangers team for 8th place, but we couldn't even jump ahead in the standings. Kitchener has 2 games in hand and can only start playing better and we only have 23 games remaining. We are 5 games below .500 and probably realistically have to claw our way back to a .500 record on the season to squeak into 8th place. That would mean going on a 14-9 streak to end the season (.600) - which will be nearly impossible for this team to accomplish.

Currently 3rd last (Oshawa is ahead of us for 4th last), and Erie has been playing better hockey of late and only 4 points back of us with a game in hand. Good chance only Niagara finishes below us in the final standings. Looking forward to bringing in couple of nice prospects with our early first and second round picks and a nice import as well.
i still think the d are strong and will be strong moving forward. dale's point about forwards is very valid. also, having a goalie with higher than an .850 saves percentage would help that stat. i think these same 6 d that are eligible to return next year will be substantially improved with a year under their belt.

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Finishing at the bottom of the standings this year, let the young guys including Miller play more and more this year, plus a couple guys shipped out next year for picks....gets a good run for a championship in years 2025 and 2026.

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the memorial cup bid, but I've never been a fan of the host team winning, especially of they were knocked out in the first or 2nd round.

I know we won the cup as a host in 93 and lost that year in the ohl finals to the Pete's...so we definitely deserved to be there. But man I would love to win an ohl championship and then go get that memorial cup. We have never done that.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Unfortunately this team is turning into an embarrassment at this time crucial time of the year!

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
1675527722633.png

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
After an embarrassing road trip and players only meeting, the poor play continues. Ten shots on goal after 2 periods. I guess the players have NOT at themselves in the mirror after Windsor and Sarnia.
Their schedule does NOT get any easier next week beginning in Windsor again next Thursday.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Half of the third is done and the Hounds have 0 shots on goal.
How can we expect to win games with NO offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna