Spring 2016 Prospect Poll: #3

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect critera are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Spring '16 Top 20
1. Hudson Fasching, RW: 82 of 101 votes, 81.19% (runner up: Justin Bailey, 13 votes)
2. Justin Bailey, RW: 44 of 72 votes, 61.11% (runner up: Brendan Guhle, 14 votes)

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED
G: Jonas Johansson, Jason Kasdorf, Nathan Lieuwen, Andrey Makarov

D: Brady Austin, Ivan Chukarov, Anthony Florentino, Devante Stephens

F: Christopher Brown, Dan Catenacci, Jerry D'Amigo, Jean Dupuy, Giorgio Estephan, Alex Guptill, Connor Hurley, Colin Jacobs, Justin Kea, Sean Malone, Jack Nevins, Victor Olofsson, Judd Peterson, Gustav Possler, Evan Rodrigues, Tim Schaller, Maxwell Willman

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Guhle, add Olofsson.

doh... i thought olofsson was added during the last poll.

Hard to keep track of the next add when half of the current poll options arent even in my top 10. Carrier, Cornel, Karabacek, Martin, Ruhwedel

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
doh... i thought olofsson was added during the last poll.

Hard to keep track of the next add when half of the current poll options arent even in my top 10. Carrier, Cornel, Karabacek, Martin, Ruhwedel

I have a few guys who are all pretty close together for the adds including Estephan, Cat, and Olofsson. Consider it early campaigning. :laugh: MODO is a terrible team, but Viktor continues to finish and they seem mostly to be NHL area goals -- not a lot of outside stuff, plenty of things in the low slot and crease.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I have a few guys who are all pretty close together for the adds including Estephan, Cat, and Olofsson. Consider it early campaigning. :laugh: MODO is a terrible team, but Viktor continues to finish and they seem mostly to be NHL area goals -- not a lot of outside stuff, plenty of things in the low slot and crease.

oh you do....

6 Borgen 6.05
* Olofsson 6.05
8 Catenacci 5.35
9 Estephan 5.25
* C.Peterson 5.25

:)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Guhle.

Add Schaller. While his ceiling is limited (and thus is not a sexy pick), he's pretty much a given to be on the roster next year as a 4th line center or spare forward. About as close to a sure thing as we have in the pipeline.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Guhle.

Add Schaller. While his ceiling is limited (and thus is not a sexy pick), he's pretty much a given to be on the roster next year as a 4th line center or spare forward. About as close to a sure thing as we have in the pipeline.

I think Schaller is graduated from this poll

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I think Schaller is graduated from this poll

If it's 24 and under, Schaller turned 25 in November so he would not be eligible.

Signed ELC at age 22 on 3/30/2013 so he's eligible for 3 more weeks! Ruhwedel's in the same category (signed on 4/13/2013).

There's always a couple who are on the edge of eligibility. IMO, both the HF criteria and any subjective criteria should rate Schaller as a prospect at this point still. Heck, he might slip into the bottom of my top 10 depending how it shakes out. I think the one thing that consistently happens in these polls is that the Schaller-like prospects get way too underrated. He was 20th on the summer poll. I'm willing to bet at least 5 players who came in above him never have the pro career Schaller has/will.

/rant.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Signed ELC at age 22 on 3/30/2013 so he's eligible for 3 more weeks! Ruhwedel's in the same category (signed on 4/13/2013).

There's always a couple who are on the edge of eligibility. IMO, both the HF criteria and any subjective criteria should rate Schaller as a prospect at this point still. Heck, he might slip into the bottom of my top 10 depending how it shakes out. I think the one thing that consistently happens in these polls is that the Schaller-like prospects get way too underrated. He was 20th on the summer poll. I'm willing to bet at least 5 players who came in above him never have the pro career Schaller has/will.

/rant.

No worries. I appreciate the work you put in on this and was not trying to criticize. If he's there, he's now in the "need to be added" cluster for me. He's going to be a checking tweener who might break through to the 4th line role next year. I like his pro game for the role very much.

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
I'm down on him for sure right now, but I still think my gut says Baptiste.
+ Florentino (who I have above some of the folks in our current poll).

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

/rant.

doh... i thought i read on a previous thread that he was graduated, so i deleted him from my prospect spreadsheet....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad