SportsNets Mark Spector blasts David Booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Need to find a new scapegoat because Lu is probably leaving soon. I think it will be Booth. :laugh:

cbjerrisgaard

Finger Biter
100% Serious, David Booth has done NOTHING to deserve the amount of defence he gets on this forum.

He gave us nothing in his last 20 games including playoffs and then showed up to camp clearly out of shape. His contract is big, he doesn't mesh with his line mates, and he's a preachy injury prone joke.

He has given us nothing and doesn't deserve any respect. Wow he can shoot bears, so can anybody else. As a hockey player he's been a disappointment for us.

I'll take AVs word over your speculation.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I don't disagree with Nugent, with the exception of the hunting thing. I couldnt' care less about Booth's extracurricular activities. He could hate all of Canada and be a total racist and I still wouldn't care because the only thing that would matter to me is the performance on ice.

Unfortunately, the word 'performance' and Booth don't seem to coincide too well in a sentence unless you expand on it and add the word 'no', as in no performance. I'm honestly not sure why so many fans are defending him but dogging Raymond so much. Let's call a spade a spade. They both suck, only difference is one guy makes twice the salary to be just as ineffective.

Once this anchor is off the team (hopefully by the upcoming offseason), the Canucks can start looking at better fits on that second line, because he's not it.

Curved Space

Apr 9, 2006
I just hate guys that sit in trees waiting to kill bears that are attracted to planted meat. This issue is way bigger for me than defending a Vancouver Canucks, my team since they started.

But that's just me. I get that it doesn't apply to other fans.

This is my last post on this topic. Good-night.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I don't disagree with Nugent, with the exception of the hunting thing. I couldnt' care less about Booth's extracurricular activities. He could hate all of Canada and be a total racist and I still wouldn't care because the only thing that would matter to me is the performance on ice.

Unfortunately, the word 'performance' and Booth don't seem to coincide too well in a sentence unless you expand on it and add the word 'no', as in no performance. I'm honestly not sure why so many fans are defending him but dogging Raymond so much. Let's call a spade a spade. They both suck, only difference is one guy makes twice the salary to be just as ineffective.

Once this anchor is off the team (hopefully by the upcoming offseason), the Canucks can start looking at better fits on that second line, because he's not it.

You can argue that he's not a good fit. However, you can't argue that he's underperforming wrt to his contract. Every one in the 4million range he is producing at the same rate.

It's ultimately disappointing for Canucks fans because for some reason you people had visions of him being a 60pt forward in his first year. :shakehead
Nothing NHF says about

FiveAndGame

Apr 29, 2009
100% Serious, David Booth has done NOTHING to deserve the amount of defence he gets on this forum.

He gave us nothing in his last 20 games including playoffs and then showed up to camp clearly out of shape. His contract is big, he doesn't mesh with his line mates, and he's a preachy injury prone joke.

He has given us nothing and doesn't deserve any respect. Wow he can shoot bears, so can anybody else. As a hockey player he's been a disappointment for us.

Sorry, but if AV says that Booth OVERTRAINED I'm going to take his word over yours.
His contract is exactly what you should expect for a player of his calibre. 4.2/year for a top 6 (top line on some teams) powerforward is an appropriate price. Yes, he was hampered by injuries last year which is unfortunate but can you blame him for that? Is that HIS fault? There is NO evidence that he was ill prepared for the season or that he was reckless in preparation for the season.

Look, I don't advocate hunting and I am not religious but I'm not going to judge him for his life choices.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ignoring the fact that the article was penned by a bumbling imbecile, this topic has proven to be too much to discuss here in a civil fashion.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad