SportsNets Mark Spector blasts David Booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I have a bad feeling about this thread.

Booth has enough trouble to deal with as it is. Can't we all just give him a break and hope he starts playing some good hockey?

Golden Boy

The Spy in Beantown
Mar 24, 2012
Currently Undercover
Uh... Who is this guy again? AV said that Booth may have overtrained if anything else... And i'd take his opinion over some wishy washy writer for sportsnet. Maybe instead of making bigoted comments, he could actually perform what people call "meaningful journalism". Seriously, sports journalism these days is a ****ing joke.

http://youtu.be/UesLZL8t9F4?t=14m18s

Watch that for Seahawks Guard, John Moffitt's opinion on Sports media. It's pretty insightful.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Didn't AV himself say Booth's injury was due to overtraining?

Our media truly is the worst.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I used to consume any hockey related articles without a second thought, but I've had enough of Spector's drivel, and realized that I never learn anything new from his stuff. I understand finally that not clicking on his articles speak the loudest.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
It always amazes me that these guys still have jobs, they are so easily replaced by bloggers...even half-wit bloggers can write the same drivel and you have to pay them peanuts.

Curved Space

Apr 9, 2006
Didn't I read that Booth visited numerous US states over the summer-fall seeking hunting locations? But he also supposedly skated 4 (?) times a week. And other than skating, there are fitness workouts. Are these two scenarios compatible.

Sorry. Just asking.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Fantastic article, agree 100% I dont like Booth as a player or as a person and him getting hurt in testing is a gigantic joke and shows his commitment to being a high level athlete. He plays a STUPID style of hockey and I cant wait until hes sent packing.

Doesnt take any athletic ability or skill to sit on a chair until the bear is brought in to shoot at close range for no reason other than ''fun.''

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Didn't I read that Booth visited numerous US states over the summer-fall seeking hunting locations? But he also supposedly skated 4 (?) times a week. And other than skating, there are fitness workouts. Are these two scenarios compatible.

Sorry. Just asking.

I wouldn't exactly take everything that is put out into the media as gospel. That's what I'll say about that.

FiveAndGame

Apr 29, 2009
Fantastic article, agree 100% I dont like Booth as a player or as a person and him getting hurt in testing is a gigantic joke and shows his commitment to being a high level athlete. He plays a STUPID style of hockey and I cant wait until hes sent packing.

Doesnt take any athletic ability or skill to sit on a chair until the bear is brought in to shoot at close range for no reason other than ''fun.''

Not sure if serious?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

If God didn't want David Booth shooting bears, he would have made them bullet/arrow proof. :sarcasm:

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure if serious?

100% Serious, David Booth has done NOTHING to deserve the amount of defence he gets on this forum.

He gave us nothing in his last 20 games including playoffs and then showed up to camp clearly out of shape. His contract is big, he doesn't mesh with his line mates, and he's a preachy injury prone joke.

He has given us nothing and doesn't deserve any respect. Wow he can shoot bears, so can anybody else. As a hockey player he's been a disappointment for us.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Take David Pratt and make it so the only "reporting" he does is making fun of the Oilers and Flames (instead of the Leafs) that would be a Canuck media person analogy for Mark Spector.

He's like a typical Vancouver media member, but who gains ratings by going after any Canuck whenever possible.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
100% Serious, David Booth has done NOTHING to deserve the amount of defence he gets on this forum.

He gave us nothing in his last 20 games including playoffs and then showed up to camp clearly out of shape. His contract is big, he doesn't mesh with his line mates, and he's a preachy injury prone joke.

He has given us nothing and doesn't deserve any respect. Wow he can shoot bears, so can anybody else. As a hockey player he's been a disappointment for us.

Yet i'd still rather Booth on the 2nd line than Raymond... all day, every day...

Minimalist*

Yeah, one of our most physically fit and ripped guys is out of shape...

LolClarkson*

So you are a Nuge (Coilers) fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad