Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I give up on Trouba. Guy's on a future playoff team, they're right around the corner and he wants to leave.

Sign a contract. Play a season and see what happens. Then talk about it with the management. Holding out is childish. It's like sitting with your arms crossed and not listening because you won't get what you want.

Apparently he's good friends with Copp and Scheif.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Do any of those articles explain how Detroit would be ABLE to acquire Trouba, regardless of how badly they may want him and regardless of how big a package they may be willing to offer given the cap situation they are in?

They are 4.238 million over the cap right now with 23 on their roster. Do they have some LTIR coming up that I have missed? Any other cap relief that I am unaware of? Does any trade offer from Detroit include ~10 mil in cap hit coming back to the Jets? Are they going to trade some good player(s) for bottom feeders to free up the space?

I don't know how they plan on getting under the cap without taking on Trouba. With him it appears insurmountable. And yet they seem to be the most often mentioned team. Colour me baffled.

Franzen and Vitale (5.07m) go to LTIR. Nyquist (4.75m) would be in the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad