Sportsnet: Players ready to talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
A few new lines/quotes in today's story.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050405_153006_5812

For the first time during the negotiation period, it seems both sides have realized the urgency to get a new Collective Bargaining Agreement in place.
The two sides have agreed to concentrate on what was described post-meeting as "the potential for a workable concept" by conducting internal discussions to further develop this mysterious new platform.

The NHLPA remains adamant a form of revenue sharing is a critical element.
"The players asked a lot of questions and appear to be at a point where both sides are ready to negotiate," said an unnamed source.
The development of this new concept is expected to continue throughout the week with the league and union continuing to correspond. However with the GM meetings scheduled Thursday and Friday in Detroit, failing a Motor City rendezvous, it's likely the negotiations will resume early next week.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I'm a bit yes/no on this. Ofcourse having these sources say progress was made is great, but according to said unnamed sources, we would be starting the playoffs here in a few weeks.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If there's one thing this lockout hell has taught me, it's that Sportsnet has a passion for getting 'the big story' out first...accuracy is looked upon as a secondary concern that can be fixed up after the fact.

Bet they'd be awesome PC game developers. "Release now, patch later!"

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
both sides need each other, maybe, finally one of these rocket scientists figured it out...if the PA is ready to talk, then hopefullly the owners will listen...and then maybe we will get some negotiating...

ttoad4000t

Dec 14, 2004
Fort Worth, Texas
they wont come to a deal. there will be replacement players next season. All of this new stuff is just BS, if the NHLPA wouldnt agree to a $42million cap, they sure as hell wont agree to a $38million.

ResidentAlien*

I heard if they get a deal done this week they have a 3 game schedule all worked out!!

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think the people are bashing the players a bit too much. For a union, they have conceded a lot and now according to this, theyre even ready to negotiate in good faith. I think we'll see good progress from now on.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Did anyone else look at the thread title and instantly think of Prince Farquad dunking the Gingerbread Man's head into the glass of milk until that damn piece of pastry's will broke?

Anybody?

No?

Ugh...and it's only tuesday.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Digger12 said:
If there's one thing this lockout hell has taught me, it's that Sportsnet has a passion for getting 'the big story' out first...accuracy is looked upon as a secondary concern that can be fixed up after the fact.

Perhaps they should team up with EA?

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
Digger12 said:
Did anyone else look at the thread title and instantly think of Prince Farquad dunking the Gingerbread Man's head into the glass of milk until that damn piece of pastry's will broke?

Anybody?

No?

Ugh...and it's only tuesday.

haha, no, i didn't. But I will from now on. Thanks.

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Digger12 said:

I agree. I did have a sense of that before the lockout with Sportsnet : "Speak first, and we'll check the facts later if we've misled." I think Bob McKenzie was gracious saying they were all "good". Some are better than others.

Marconius

Jan 27, 2003
Visit site
Digger12 said:

sounds like the microsoft windows programmers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad