Sportsnet: League will hold off on second NLRB filing, for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
the NHLPA either backtracked, or agreed to something.

for them to actually meet a deadline, means the NHLPA sent something favorable to the NHL.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Or they could be meeting monday and want to hold off until they see what happens at the meeting. Pretty brilliant to me. The threat of something hanging over you always seems more ominous than the actual bad thing happening, doesn't it? I have been impressed all along with the NHL's team and its handling of the lockout. You all may point to the fact that this has not been settled so how can you give any nod to either side, but only the NHL has seemed to be totally in control and professional this entire process.

X0ssbar

Yeah, I'm in the camp that thinks the NHL is holding off until it sees what the NHLPA has for Monday.

I get the feeling that Monday could be the last bargaining session between these two without Judge Judy involved - that is unless the PA has something substantial to offer...

*not holding breathe*

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Top Shelf said:
Yeah, I'm in the camp that thinks the NHL is holding off until it sees what the NHLPA has for Monday.

I get the feeling that Monday could be the last bargaining session between these two without Judge Judy involved - that is unless the PA has something substantial to offer...

*not holding breathe*
Judge Judy :biglaugh: :handclap:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
What's the deal with Dallas holding a meeting with the League and not inviting everyone?

Sources say the Dallas Stars hosted a meeting earlier this week by invite only to discuss the marketing and advertising of the league and while it is believed a league representative attended, not all of the teams were aware of it, which caused a mild level of grumbling among some on the outside.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Oh just screw the PA already. The league needs to stop being polite and just go in for the kill.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
HF2002 said:
What's the deal with Dallas holding a meeting with the League and not inviting everyone?

Sources say the Dallas Stars hosted a meeting earlier this week by invite only to discuss the marketing and advertising of the league and while it is believed a league representative attended, not all of the teams were aware of it, which caused a mild level of grumbling among some on the outside.
That is an odd paragraph that's gone largely unnoticed here. I'm not sure what to make of it, honestly.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
HF2002 said:

Well I know they had a meeting. On Monday I was on the phone with my Season Ticket Rep (yes, requesting a refund, tired of funding the lockout) and he told me then that there some teams in town and they were having a meeting that afternoon. I asked him what the meeting was about and he said they were just throwing some ideas around that it was just 6 or 8 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad