GDT: Spidey's Angry! Bruins @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Hynes has done a great job, but he messes with the lines too much. For one keep a recuperating Zajac away from Hall and Bratt who process the game on another level. Secondly, Stafford shouldn't be placed on the 4th line when his game doesn't mesh with the checking line responsibilities.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
How Blandisi cannot draw into that lineup is beyond me. They also need Johansson back in the worst way.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Zajac has struggled quite a bit since coming back, which is to be expected of course he needs to time to shake off the rust, so I'm a bit confused as to why he's vaulted up to the first line. I know they haven't capitalized much and Palms being out now does shake things up a bit, but I thought the Hall-Nico-Palms was real good.

Honestly we always play terribly against the Bruins anyway so I'm expecting a loss lol

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Again, Gibbons is not a grinder. Cannot compare him to Carter or Bernier.
Never said he was a grinder, so I sure can compare them, when the situations are so alike in so many other ways. Bottom 6 playing amazing with other bottom 6s, gets moved up, chewed up and spit out, never to be the same again.

Listen, I know he has earned it, and I am interested to see it, but just really hope the same thing doesn't happen to him. That is all.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Zajac is centering the top line because they don't want to play anybody else at center who can play center. Who would you rather have there? Zacha, Henrique, and Hall are all capable of it, but playing on the wings.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
just moved to alabama last week, this will be the first game i can watch (stream) in a while. LGD!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
JQ still injured? Hayes, Boyle and Travis sure slows the team down. I’m not exactly distraught over Palimeri. He’s been bumbling passes, constantly falling down and shooting blanks, just not crazy about the alternatives.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Gibbons has earned it but his performance is absolutely a bubble. I'm pretty sure he's like the #1 or #2 player in the entire league due for a significant drop in production. I could see him being a serviceable fourth line guy, but he's in no way top 6 material long term. Until his production comes back to earth, I have no issues with them rewarding him with a limited amount of games in the top 6.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
just moved to alabama last week, this will be the first game i can watch (stream) in a while. LGD!
47262726.jpg

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
These lines are garbage. Zajac looked good the first game back, looked kind of bad the second game back and didn't look great against Minnesota and only got 11-12 minutes of ice time. Zacha not in a position to produce. What a shocker.

And Hayes, shit lines are shit.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Zajac between hall and Bratt is God awful.

He's been pretty meh since coming back. Idk how he earned a first line spot when playing only 11-12 mins last game and not looking good in the process.

I expect them to get outshot this game and out possessed with these lines like as badly as they did in Minnesota.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Knew I would come in here and find the usual crowd whining again about the lines. Give it a rest for Christ sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK3 and JMadden11

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Hall-Boyle-Hayes
Henrique-Coleman-Stafford
Wood-Hischier-Gibbons
Zacha-Zajac-Bratt
Like a game of Chess, surprise them with the ridiculous and you might have a shot.

Risky side not, that 3rd line would be interesting to watch for a shift or two....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad