GDT: Spidey Says "STOP YOUR F***ING CRYING!" - Devils @ Predators, 8 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He made a silly crack that Devil’s fans would be more upset if the Rangers beat Florida yesterday and that lack of insight was it for me.
I actually didn't even see that.

Although I do feel like there is a certain sect of''Devils fans'' who hate the Rangers more than they actually love the Devils. I remember rooting for the Rangers to beat some team back in 95-96, later in the season down the stretch, where we needed some help to make the playoffs. I remember being made to feel like a fool because I was rooting for the Rangers to beat a team that we needed to lose if we wanted some help to make the playoffs.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
How much does The Athletic cost? Is it like $4.99 a month or something? Just how good is the coverage? That's what I'm wondering.

I remember Randy J. Miller, he was the one who started pressing Pete a bit, but we only had him for like merely months before he went back to covering the Flyers.

I bet TG's NHL.com job pays more than The Athletic, but maybe it doesn't. It does seem obvious that The Athletic is paying more than a local paper, which is why a lot of prominent writers have been picked up by them over the last year or so.

Yeah i remember him. I'm not saying we need a fullblown Brooksie but, if we have nobody, theres nothing left but PR. Right now, everything is fairly dandy with the organization/Shero, etc, so no one is really too bothered right now and could care less, as we're exceeding some expectations from beginning of year blah blah.

However, my problem is if shit hits the fan at any point in the future, there will be hardly anyone to challenge Hynes or GM. MSG guys are company guys, so is Amanda. We'll just eventually get our version of "Tough building...." and people will leave it at that...

I'm honestly very curious at why we're literally wasting a guy's full year of his young career (Mueller) and there is literally no explanation for it. He seemed okay to me, but no one has even pressed as to why or got an acceptable answer from the organization. I doubt he was worse than some of the guys in the lineup. Probably not for this thread, but anyway... :)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm honestly very curious at why we're literally wasting a guy's full year of his young career (Mueller) and there is literally no explanation for it. He seemed okay to me, but no one has even pressed as to why or got an acceptable answer from the organization. I doubt he was worse than some of the guys in the lineup. Probably not for this thread, but anyway... :)

Not to mention a guy you traded a 2 and a 4 for, who doesn't seem to have a role even next year whether Moore comes back or not if you're looking to seriously upgrade the left side it's gotta be the guy who takes Moore's spot since I don't see Greene going anywhere till earliest next offseason and Butcher is cheap, young and adds to the offense.

Butcher is probably the main reason why Mueller's gone to waste tbh, they didn't have Butcher in the fold when they traded for Mueller so it looked like he would have a spot all for himself at that point. If you gave Shero a crystal ball and told him he would sign Butcher and he would contribute 30+ points as a rookie I doubt he makes the Mueller trade.

Yeah i remember him. I'm not saying we need a fullblown Brooksie but, if we have nobody, theres nothing left but PR. Right now, everything is fairly dandy with the organization/Shero, etc, so no one is really too bothered right now and could care less, as we're exceeding some expectations from beginning of year blah blah.

Stan when he was more active would ask tougher questions or at least insightful ones but he's definitely ramped down in recent years and mostly sticking to blogging, Twitter and his periodic TV appearances.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Not to mention a guy you traded a 2 and a 4 for, who doesn't seem to have a role even next year whether Moore comes back or not if you're looking to seriously upgrade the left side it's gotta be the guy who takes Moore's spot since I don't see Greene going anywhere till earliest next offseason and Butcher is cheap, young and adds to the offense.

Stan when he was more active would ask tougher questions or at least insightful ones but he's definitely ramped down in recent years and mostly sticking to blogging, Twitter and his periodic TV appearances.

That's a good point, i forgot about the assets used to acquire him.

I think that's because two fold: 1) Stan is ancient 2) The corporate bosses want it as such, they don't want MSG guys questioning the org as its all big one happy family. They just leave Stan alone cause he's literally old...school. I hope the Star Ledger guys don't go away because that will be literally most of them. NJ12 has coverage, i have no idea?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
How much does The Athletic cost? Is it like $4.99 a month or something? Just how good is the coverage? That's what I'm wondering.

I remember Randy J. Miller, he was the one who started pressing Pete a bit, but we only had him for like merely months before he went back to covering the Flyers.

I bet TG's NHL.com job pays more than The Athletic, but maybe it doesn't. It does seem obvious that The Athletic is paying more than a local paper, which is why a lot of prominent writers have been picked up by them over the last year or so.

I think it's worth it if you want to just read coverage and no bs. If Masisak is really good, I would say it's definitely worth it to pick up.

I like to just be able to read a well-written article about any sport whenever I want to. Sadly, it's been harder to find that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I haven't even bothered to follow the Ledger filins both because they're temps who won't have time to show personality and they'll just reiterate the same thing Ryan/Amanda are saying vis-a-vis lineups and what players say in interviews.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think it's worth it if you want to just read coverage and no bs. If Masisak is really good, I would say it's definitely worth it to pick up.

I like to just be able to read a well-written article about any sport whenever I want to. Sadly, it's been harder to find that.

Just don't read the article breaking down the remaining schedule. It's rather depressing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If you want a real laugher. You could always read Brooskie’s latest piece of garbage in the Post about us being the only area team in a spot.

Of course he only really mentions us to say that Grabner sucks

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Did he actually write that the only reason Nashville didn't trade Eeli Tolvanen to New York for Rick Nash was because he played well in the Olympics?

Like, Nashville doesn't scout its own prospects? Why the hell would they trade a potential top line winger for a 33 year old?

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Did he actually write that the only reason Nashville didn't trade Eeli Tolvanen to New York for Rick Nash was because he played well in the Olympics?

Like, Nashville doesn't scout its own prospects? Why the hell would they trade a potential top line winger for a 33 year old?

Poile is too wise to do something like that. He's mostly been on the winning end of deals for young players. Example: Weber and Erat for Subban and Forsberg. I see he influenced Shero on how to trade from their days together there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still laughing at the ''High stick'' review on Boyle's goal.

It only looked even worth reviewing because the dude is so frickin huge and towering. :laugh:

Reactions: glenwo2

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Just don't read the article breaking down the remaining schedule. It's rather depressing.

If you want a real laugher. You could always read Brooskie’s latest piece of garbage in the Post about us being the only area team in a spot.

Of course he only really mentions us to say that Grabner sucks

of the 12 teams we have remaining, we have already beat 10 of them in regulation this season, with the exception being two western teams.

love the anti-NJ "journalists" starting to come out of the woodwork with their garbage.

Last edited:

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
of the 12 teams we have remaining, we have already beat 10 of them in regulation this season, with the exception being two western teams.

love the anti-NJ "journalists" starting to come out of the woodwork with their garbage.
Vegas and San Jose are the only two we haven’t beaten right? Hopefully Travis, Pavel and Mojo can join us before it’s too late. Mojo is probably at least two weeks away if at all coming back. The other two don’t sound too serious, but who knows.

Reactions: New Jersey

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Post hits aren’t counted as shots on goal, unless they go in. So he didn’t rack up saves by the post hits to pad his save total. He probably got a bit lucky with the posts (was there 5? I thought there was only 2 and one of them he saved/puck hit him first before dinging the post) but with his play in the 2nd/3rd period I think he deserved the break.
All this is true. But my point is:
The bash (whomever) fest should end... If only because arguments of who is 'good' or bad hinges on a stupid stat that can be wholly governed by a 1/4inch more curve on a shooters stick. I'm alternately getting killed on this board as a Kincaid detractor or marty-loving Cory hater.

It is because I'm simply pointing out Cory hasn't been as bad, nor kinky as good as the recent run would seem to suggest, and conversely the opposite was true a few months ago.

The prob has, is and likely will be the defense in front of them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vegas and San Jose are the only two we haven’t beaten right? Hopefully Travis, Pavel and Mojo can join us before it’s too late. Mojo is probably at least two weeks away if at all coming back. The other two don’t sound too serious, but who knows.

San Jose is very beatable as well

Didn't we lose to the Ducks in OT?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

However, my problem is if **** hits the fan at any point in the future, there will be hardly anyone to challenge Hynes or GM. MSG guys are company guys, so is Amanda. We'll just eventually get our version of "Tough building...." and people will leave it at that...

Mueller would have been the undisputed 3LD but was pushed off that by Butcher. Mueller definitely needed more development opportunity but injuries and now a playoff run (which probably surprised Shero) put that on hold.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The fact that we beat a lot of those teams once already makes me more concerned. Sweeping good west teams, especially on the road as part of a long trip in a different time zone is no easy task.

I think if we go .500 that’s a success. Then they just have to take care of business and win a lot for the last 10 games or so.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
This is a team with a mission. That win against Nashville could have saved our season. Look how nervous Palmieri and Hall were on the bench in the shootout. At least they won't go down without a fight. Maybe the talent isn't there yet, but it's a great team for sure.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So the only Cali team we lost to was San Jose?

Then why was everyone losing their mind like we were going out there to play the defending champs 3 times over?

Because that's when everyone was all chipper about the season, and missing the playoffs wasn't an immediate risk. It's still a tough trip regardless but this team tends to play up to their competition well.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Mueller would have been the undisputed 3LD but was pushed off that by Butcher. Mueller definitely needed more development opportunity but injuries and now a playoff run (which probably surprised Shero) put that on hold.

Except that Butcher can and has played RD for the Devils. So, reality is that Mueller's time was taken by Lovejoy.

Shero did know that Lovejoy and Santini were on the roster before making the Mueller trade.

Merrill did just as good a job sitting in the press box as Mueller. And Merrill wouldn't have cost the draft picks.

All of this said, I'd rather that Mueller play over Lovejoy - or at least rotating in. Mueller hasn't played since Feb 22. I'm not sure what he's done to deserve that. Shero traded for him - let's see what he can do.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact that we beat a lot of those teams once already makes me more concerned. Sweeping good west teams, especially on the road as part of a long trip in a different time zone is no easy task.

Eh I'd rather have beaten them than lost to them at home. Then we'd be worried there's no way we beat these teams on the road when we couldn't beat them at home. What worries me more is all the Cali teams are in the same boat as us, right smack on the bubble of a spot so they'll be every bit as desperate for points as we are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad