SPHL player Barr banned for rest of season after face spearing incident

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Terrible play.

He has 4 assists in 29 games this season with 135 penalty minutes, beer league goon?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Would not be surprised if it comes out that SPHL disciplinarians have threatened to throw the book at Barr for any infraction should he be re-signed in the league.

And I cannot imagine any higher level pro team interested in acquiring such a player.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
Would not be surprised if it comes out that SPHL disciplinarians have threatened to throw the book at Barr for any infraction should he be re-signed in the league.

And I cannot imagine any higher level pro team interested in acquiring such a player.

Believe it or not,Tyler Barr was actually called up to the ECHL Allen Americans during the last part of our season last year here in Louisiana,played really well up there until he got injured

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Believe it or not,Tyler Barr was actually called up to the ECHL Allen Americans during the last part of our season last year here in Louisiana,played really well up there until he got injured

Five points in 16 games, and he hasn't reappeared in the ECHL. Try again. Dude's a goon. Good riddance.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Play warranted a short suspension, not a season. Guy wasn't hurt-or at least didn't appear to have been.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
The Louisiana IceGators placed Tyler Barr on team Suspension yesterday to hold on to his rights should they decide to bring him back next season,it's hard to play in SPHL and make between $300 and $325 a week

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
According to Barr's wife,The guy was hit in helmet not the face,didn't miss a shift and had a fight with another gators player later in the game

Why does that make it ok to try to jab your stick in someones face? Go ahead and slap the guy upside the head with your glove on if you want to. That would be way more acceptable than swinging your stick at a guys face. In my opinion.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
According to Barr's wife,The guy was hit in helmet not the face,didn't miss a shift and had a fight with another gators player later in the game

I've changed my mind. There should be no suspension. He is obviously the leading candidate for the Ice Gators Man of the Year and Lady Byng equivalent.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
PredsFan, let's put it this way. Drunk driving and not hitting anyone is still drunk driving and it's still illegal. He didn't hurt the guy but that doesn't make it okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad