Spezza, L. Karlsson traded to DAL for Chiasson, Guptill, Paul, 2nd (see post 289,314)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
From David Poile's press conference:

Stu Grimson @asgrimson · 6h
Re Spezza: once plyr rejected Nashville as a destination, we moved on; we want plyrs that wanna be here

**** Spezza

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011

Re Spezza: once plyr rejected Nashville as a destination, we moved on; we want plyrs that wanna be here

**** Spezza

Lmao Spezza is exercising a contract right and people still **** on him. Hilarious.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
Repost from previous thread;

Tampa bay unloads salary cap;

Purcell, Teddy $4,500,000
Crombeen, B.J. $1,150,000
Thompson, Nate $1,600,000

Total $7,250,000

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

I imagine it's a similar sentiment on Murray's part despite all the warm fuzzies over the years.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lmao Spezza is exercising a contract right and people still **** on him. Hilarious.

Recently named captain requests trade, refuses to get traded anywhere but St. Louis, forcing the team that drafted him and employed him for 10+ years into getting a terrible return.

I couldn't care less if his contract allows him to do it, it's still an ******* move and he fully deserves to be criticized for it.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario

Agreed.

Though, I am also in the camp that believes if a player asks for a trade, they should lose their NTC, or at the least, have it reduced, for example, full ntc to 10 team ntc, or 10 team ntc to 5 team ntc.

If that were the case, I think the semantics in this would become less ambiguous. State their request publicly, making it official.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Repost from previous thread;

Tampa bay unloads salary cap;

Purcell, Teddy $4,500,000
Crombeen, B.J. $1,150,000
Thompson, Nate $1,600,000

Total $7,250,000

They keep 1/3 of Gagne salary thoo.. Gives them roughly 5,6M more space on the cap.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Not really.

First they have a list of 10 no-go teams. Fine.
Then they open up the door to negotiate with those teams.
Then they slam the door on a reasonable deal.

Either you have a list and stick with it, or you go freely to any of the 29 teams that come up. Cut out the wishy-washy maybe, kinda, sorta stuff. That may work at giggly press conferences and interviews, but not when we're dealing with contract negotiations and trades.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
Agreed.

Though, I am also in the camp that believes if a player asks for a trade, they should lose their NTC, or at the least, have it reduced, for example, full ntc to 10 team ntc, or 10 team ntc to 5 team ntc.

If that were the case, I think the semantics in this would become less ambiguous. State their request publicly, making it official.

To continue, the NTC is to prevent teams from arbitrarily trading a player, and uprooting them, at any time they wish. If a player requests a trade, they expect to be traded, and uprooted. If they earned their NTC in their contract, which they did if they have it, then I believe they should retain some of it's power, but relinquish some due to the request.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Imagine July 1st comes and spezza submits his new list and it includes every team that is interested in him except for the blues?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Don't they have some sort of budget in tampa? I can't see them being a cap team

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

When you ask for a move, and then you nix a move (to one of the very few teams showing interest in you), your really taking a big gamble. Im not pissed at Spez, it's his own choice he earned it I guess, but the the optics of it look bad for him, and there's now people from both Nashville and Ottawa that think a whole lot less of him.

It would have been one season of hockey and then he could have signed wherever he wanted to after that if he didnt like it in Nashville. Seems somewhat childish/spoiled to most people, myself included.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Imagine July 1st comes and spezza submits his new list and it includes every team that is interested in him except for the blues?

That would mean we would apparently go from being able to deal with 2-3 teams interested to only 1 team interested.

Then we call up Winnipeg or Edmonton and say give us your best offer and he's yours. :naughty:

For every team on his list, there's a no-mans land bottom dweller not on it. Even if we end up purely with prospects and picks, it's better than dealing with a scrub deal from the Blues.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Then we call up Winnipeg or Edmonton and say give us your best offer and he's yours. :naughty:

For every team on his list, there's a no-mans land bottom dweller not on it. Even if we end up purely with prospects and picks, it's better than dealing with a scrub deal from the Blues.

That would honestly be funny.

We should try to trade him to Buffalo. I hear they are going to need to take on salary. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig