Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Gallant said both Kreider and Laf will get a look at RW

That could only be because he is experimenting with the idea of both in the Top 6

I personally don't think Kreider needs to play 20+ mins per night consistently. I think he would do fine with 15-16 ES minutes and 2-3 PP minutes

Reactions: RGY

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

That could only be because he is experimenting with the idea of both in the Top 6

I personally don't think Kreider needs to play 20+ mins per night consistently. I think he would do fine with 15-16 ES minutes and 2-3 PP minutes

Yeah, but honestly, this was from direct questions from reporters. Brooks started this topic. But does 2nd or 3rd line really matter for Laf or Kakko?

From my POV, PP time is what matters most for Laf and/or Kakko.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If Kravtsov isn't in the top 6 the buch trade makes less sense

I think he will be but I also see Goodrow , Chytil , Kakko as a line

so are the Pettersen rumours gonna heat up ? Lol
Can’t believe the Canucks 2 best players are not in camp

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Agreed, but then again the fact that Kravtsov might not start in the top-6 doesn't mean they don't have him pencilled in by the time the season comes to an end.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Strome - Goodrow
Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov

PP1:

Laffy
Panarin - Zibby - Kakko
Fox

PP2
Lundkvist - Miller or Jones

Reactions: Barnaby

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Kreider has never come close to averaging 20+ minutes a night.

upload_2021-9-23_8-43-56.png

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Eichel failed his physical and the Sabres just stripped him of his C.

Could the Sabres have played this entire thing any worse? I can't imagine the return for Eichel hasn't plummeted at this point. It's not going up, thats for sure.

Reactions: CLW and bleedblue94

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kreider is 100% a top-6 forward. If they can get him comfortable on the right side, playing him with someone like Panarin makes a ton of sense in that Kreider doesn't want the puck and can retrieve pucks for the other two guys. It also pushes Kravtsov down which is a good thing in general.

Panarin-Strome-Kreider
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kaako
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov
Blais-Rooney-Reaves
Hunt, Gauthier

Reactions: skipmowerman

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Could the Sabres have played this entire thing any worse? I can't imagine the return for Eichel hasn't plummeted at this point. It's not going up, thats for sure.

Honestly I'd give the Sabres more credit for the whole situation if they weren't a clownshow of an organization before all of this and weren't apparently asking for the moon on an injured player who frankly hasn't quite lived up to his potential and costs a ton of money

If they weren't such a shitshow before this I'd bet Eichel would have been more willing to listen to what they wanted him to do for rehab/surgery/etc. They haven't had any respect as a properly run organization for a long time before this though.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Strome - Goodrow

PP1:

Laffy
Panarin - Zibby - Kakko
Fox

PP2
Lundkvist - Miller or Jones

after finally seeing this on paper, it just struck me how formidable our top 9 actually looks. Development drama and biases aside, that's a lot skill

Reactions: McSauer

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

The list of suitors continues to drop as well. With Anaheim officially announcing that they are rebuilding, they aren't going to be flipping young assets for a win now piece right now.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How so? If our top 6 wingers are Panarin, Kreider, Kakko, Lafreniere then Kravtsov can be 3RW (Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov?) and that would be solid.

I know everyone likes to poop on Kreider and for some reason thinks he should be put out to pasture, but he's a legit bonafide top 6 winger. Having him as the 3LW is definitely an option and would be a great luxury, but there's no need for it to be option A - especially not if Lafreniere is willing and able to move to 1RW.

I think we shouldn't get too hung up on top 6, more focus on the top 9.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
The list of suitors continues to drop as well. With Anaheim officially announcing that they are rebuilding, they aren't going to be flipping young assets for a win now piece right now.
Its crazy because you could make the argument that win now teams are also not interested because who knows how long until he can play? Bad situation all around, I was a firm believer that they should have taken best offer at or around the draft/free agency. I was actually legitimately shocked that they didn't. This will just continue to get worse for them.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
60 guys,
but the final roster very likely comes from a predictable ~30 candidates

ain't gonna happen (unless multiple G injuries or Karl H earns an NHL spot)
6 on AHL contracts: Giuttari, O'Leary, Whelan, Berzolla, Fritz, Sanchez,
8 Junior players unsigned, or AHL ineligible : Othmann, Cuylle, Garand, Boyko, Vierling, Rempe, Grubbe, Korczak
12 guys on NHL deals very unlikely games to start season on NHL roster: Schneider, Robertson, Skinner, Huska, Wall, Pajuniemi, Ronning, Khodorenko, Rueschhoff, Greco, Elmer, Geertsen
1 guy most likely returning to Europe: Henriksson

11 Bubble guys, some may make opening roster: Richards, Barron, McKegg, Brodzinski, Gettinger, Jones, Lundkvist, Hajek, Bitetto, Reunanen, Kinkaid

opening night roster gonna most likely come almost completely from these guys:
F(14) Panarin, Zib, Kreids, Goodrow, Strome, Laf, Kakk, Chytil, Krav, Rooney, Blais, Reeves, Gauthier, Hunt
D(6) Trouba, Fox, Lindgren, Nemeth, Tinordi, Miller?
Igor, Georgie

? by Miller, as I think there remains a possibility all of he and the 4 blue chip D could start w Pack and Steve Smith, while Turk sorts out the vet D
recall how guys like Kreider, Chytil and DelZ did AHL tours after extended NHL looks
K-Nils, Schneider-Jones, Robertson-Skinner could make for a must-see opening month for Pack, but a very young lightly-experienced D Corps for a pro team ...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If Eichel was a free agent. What type of contract would Eichel receive? He still needs neck surgery. The Sabres want the acquiring team to take on all of the risk from the neck surgery and take on all of the money. He has a $10M AAV. Flat cap era. The Sabres want top dollar in return. The Sabres are not willing to accept 50 cents on the dollar. They want everything. The acquiring team takes on all of the risk from the surgery, assume all of the money and give up at least four prime young assets. There is no guarantee Eichel will be the same player prior to the surgery. Artificial disk surgery or spinal fusion surgery.

Eichel went doctor shopping in California and he didn't find a consensus of doctors to reaffirm the doctor in Colorado who says Eichel should have the disc replacement surgery. The Sabres want Eichel to have spinal fusion surgery. They tried to put off the surgery and sucker another team into trading for Eichel. The rest and rehab didn't work.

Spinal fusion has a 6 month recovery period. Eichel is not playing this season. The Sabres want no part of the disc replacement surgery. There are no metrics on that surgery. Eichel will miss several months with that surgery. How many professional or college athletes have had the disc replacement surgery? Zero. Nobody knows if the surgery will be a success and then spinal fusion becomes the next option. Buffalo is not lowering the asking price. They want the acquiring team to assume all of the risk and the money.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think he will be but I also see Goodrow , Chytil , Kakko as a line

so are the Pettersen rumours gonna heat up ? Lol
Can’t believe the Canucks 2 best players are not in camp

Extremely doubtful it would happen but man, Pettersson to this club and not losing anything on the roster would immediately elevate this club into the elite within the conference conversation.

You would have no need for Strome and you could probably re-coup some of the picks you gave up.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Adams is going to get lifted on the Eichel deal.

I hope it isn't to here, but he's going to get back way less than what was even deemed "reasonable" by non Sabres fans this summer.

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad